Dove andare in Italia con bambini?

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
Timoteo

Dove andare in Italia con bambini?

Post by Timoteo » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:56 pm

My wife and I are thinking of going to Italy for a year with our two children (ages three and eight) one year from now during my sabbatical (if we can afford it!).

We have been thinking about Perugia. I would be most grateful if you could give me feedback on: A-your opinion about living in Perugia with kids based on what you know of it B- any other places that come to mind in Italy and why you think the place would be good for our situation.

I speak French and Spanish and am trying to learn Italian and hope to greatly accelerate this process on sabbatical. My kids don't speak other languages although I mostly speak in Spanish to the 3 year old. My wife speaks some Spanish.

Grazie mile!

Timoteo

Ember

Post by Ember » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Central Italy is the right place! Umbria is amazing! My 3rd favourite region after Marche and Emilia Romagna :)
But it's also pretty expensive since it's a touristic and university place... and since you can choose why not a place nearby the sea? For kids it's great.
:wink:
*** homo sum: humani nihil a me alienum puto ***

chiodo

Post by chiodo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:48 pm

guarda se vuoi andare in vacanza con la famiglia o comunque passare in italia un periodo prolungato
NO riviera romagnola
NO costa smeralda (ma questo più per una vacanza che per altro, viverci costa uno sproposito)
NO interland milanese
ma soprattutto NO roma

i posti che ti posso consigliare sono:
centro italia, nella zona vicino anzio, economico, bella la campagna laziale, mare vicino anche abbastanza pulito, è ottimo per viverci.

Se no nelle marche come ti ha detto ember.

La Toscana, ottima sia per viverci che per farsi le vacanze, livorno e lucca, firenze no perchè è estremamente cara.

In alternativa se vuoi un posto dove ci sono: buon cibo, bella campagna, mare cristallino e prezzi economici ti consiglio l' entroterra sardo, oniferi, piccola cittadina di campagna sarda, a 20 minuti di macchina dal mare, in mezzo alla campagna e dove puoi mangiare ottimi cibi del posto (se ti interessa ti dò il numero del bed&breckfast).
Ovviamente per viverci non è il posto più adatto anche perchè è tremendamente sperso però se vuoi farti un mese di vacanze prima di trasferirti è veramente ottimo e pure economico.

gluca

Post by gluca » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:45 am

I suggest Touscain.
Forence to avoid for prices, obviously is a must to see.
You can both find place near coast or inland . Every where you choose you cannot mistake.
For food and wine every part of italy is great so no problem at all ( in general try to avoid touristic place and look for "agriturismi" )

For Touscain, if you've a bit of time, you can reach Rome, at south, 5 Terre and Genoa at North-Ovest . Another must to see , if you've time and you're near to Touscain, is Elba island or Giglio island.

Other fantastic place are in south of Italy : Sicily ( Palermo, Taormina ) , Calabria , Campania ( Naples ) ...

Genoa, where I live, is fantastic, but is bit expansive compared to other places.

If you have some specific question, ask.
Gianluca

coffeecup

Post by coffeecup » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:30 am

sono andata a roma l'anno scorso e mi è piacciuta di più Siena.

è un bel posto! :D

italianStudento

help

Post by italianStudento » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:21 pm

hii new to italian..tryin to understand..my pathetic translation of what
chiodo had written..if u could plz correct me..

"watch if you want to go on holiday with the family or anyhow pass in italy
an extended period : no riviera romagnoa, no costa smeralda (but this is more for the vacation for other time, go through costa uno sproposito?
i posti che? can they advice:
centro italia.... and very good for seeing.
se no nelle marche come ti ha detto ember? "

can someone explain use of reflexive verb and subjunctive?

italianStudento

Post by italianStudento » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:41 pm

vorrei andare al nuovo ristorante ma non .... dov`e
I would like to go to the new restaurant but do not know where it is
the question is whether you should use verb 'potere' or 'sapere' in the blank..
the ans is "so" why?