Un amore per la musica

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
Peter

Un amore per la musica

Post by Peter » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:42 pm

Ho avuto un grande amore per la musica, nelle molte delle sue forme, e potete leggerne qui: http://sussexshark.wordpress.com/.

Harry

Post by Harry » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:16 am

Bravo Peter. Grazie.

umberto

Post by umberto » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:46 pm

Compimenti Peter, è davvero una bella descrizione autobiografica. Mi sembra di leggere una pagina tratta da un romanzo di Anne Tyler (anche se lei è americana!).

jade

Post by jade » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi Pete, I have read your blogs, very good and interesting writings, especially the childhood article. I have to admit that I had not finished its Italian version before I jumped in the English one, but I truly enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing these with us.

ladybird

Post by ladybird » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Ciao Peter :)

I have just realised that you arrived in Norfolk the day after we returned home to London, we were at Caister from the 14th-18th June!

I must admit to having a tear in my eye when reading of your mum..I am blessed that my own dear mum who is now 89 still has..as she succinctly puts it..all her marbles! Alzheimer's is such a cruel illness but thank goodness your mum had such loving family, you did your best for her.

For various reasons I have not been active in the forum for quite a while, unfortunately my home life does not permit me much time to particpate as much as I would like but I still enjoy reading the posts when I get a chance.

I have found the blog fascinating and your command of Italian unbelieveable..I'll admit I'm totally jealous! :lol:

Keep up the good work :)
Life is for living and learning.

Peter

Post by Peter » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:50 pm

grazie a voi tutti.

Angie, Mum did not actually have Alzheimer's, the death certificate stated senile dementia. But as far as we were concerned it amounted to the same thing... the person that she was disappeared, leaving an empty shell.

Obviously I understand to a degree why you are not able to participate more than you do. It must be pretty damned difficult at times.

And thank you for the compliment.... but I would be lost without my dictionary and the help of a very dear friend, who has been an inspiration to me.

You take care