Italian Music???

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
linh.dnt

Italian Music???

Post by linh.dnt » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:25 pm

Ciao a tutti!
I'm a student, major in Italian and I just started studying about a month ago. Currently I am listening to some podcasts from italianpod101.com to improve my listening skills, but I think music will do a better job. So, does anyone know some sites where I can download Italian music for free? I googled, but found nothing. And I will really appreciate if you guys can recommend some good songs for a beginner like me. =D
Thanks in advance!!!

-Luca-

Post by -Luca- » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:33 pm

Ciao e benvenuto!
Come vedo questo è il tuo primo post. Ti consiglio, se ti va, di presentarti direttamente ed ufficialmente nell'apposita sezione :)

Riguardo la tua domanda...beh, le canzoni italiane ( come le canzoni di tutti i paesi del mondo) hanno un copyright. Quindi non esiste nessun sito in cui scaricare canzoni italiane in maniera gratuita.

se tu hai bisogno di migliorare la tua "listening", puoi benissimo trovare su Youtube qualsiasi video di canzoni italiane.....Puoi ascoltarle direttamente da li :)

Un abbraccio
Italians don't know what Caesar salad is !!

Davide

Post by Davide » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. Might I suggest a program that enables you to listen to foreign radio stations - it's a free download called Radiosure - just google it. I use this to listen to Italian radio stations - Radio Zeta is a fairly good (if commercial) station for listening to Italian music.

Please identify yourself first before you add me.

linh.dnt

Post by linh.dnt » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:44 am

Grazie tante!!!
I tried Radiosure and I love it! The sound quality is amazing. I found some radio channels on the web before but they didn't work.
Youtube is great too, I've just searched for 'italian music' on youtube and found a playlist. I'm listening to it right now.
Once again, thank you guys soo much!!

Davide

Post by Davide » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:50 am

I forgot to mention that Radiosure also lets you record what you're listening to - which is great for practice because you can listen to an item, song, etc as many times as you like :)

Please identify yourself first before you add me.

coffeecup

Post by coffeecup » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:02 am

You have the right approach, linh.dnt.

I found listening to music was a great help, especially pronunciation if you can learn the lyrics.

My Italian suddenly flourished when I introduced music because not only do you learn how to say things, you learn new words as well. It's the best supplement I can think of to learning a language.

Per di più, ora ascolto la musica colombiana perchè la mia ragazza è colombiana e mi ha dato tante canzone. Ho provato as apprendere le parole e ormai le posso cantare perfetto ma non le posso dire bene.

I'll get there though..... :wink: