Problems With This Site

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
BillyShears

Problems With This Site

Post by BillyShears » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Admins,

I noticed that for over a week now whenever I visit this site, day or night, Chris Corbyn is logged on. Since I live in the Northeastern US and Chris lives in Australia I think it's unusual for me to always see him logged on.

But my more urgent problem is someone sent me a PM to help them with something. I would have been happy to help but I was never notified that I had a PM when I logged into the site. It's too late to help them now.

My profile is set to be notified of a PM when logged in. This feature worked in the past. My email account linked to this site is something I hardly use but I happen to check it last night and that is how I discovered I had a PM.

Sorry to be bringing up these problems especially at this time of year.

BS
Impariamo.com has a Facebook page < https://www.facebook.com/impariamo.com >

Chi domanda non fa errori.

Peter

Post by Peter » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:00 pm

Billy, I've sent you a PM. Can you please check your email to see if you have received a notification. Thanks.

BillyShears

Post by BillyShears » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Peter wrote:Billy, I've sent you a PM. Can you please check your email to see if you have received a notification. Thanks.
Peter,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. My wife and I helped out with our sick grandson, daughter, and son-in-law over Christmas so of course we came down with the flu also.

I received the PM from you but when I logged in I wasn't automatically notified.

And also a belated Merry Christmas to you and yours.

BS

Peter

Post by Peter » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:35 am

OK, Billy. Can you check your profile and see if Notify on Private Message is checked to Yes or No. If No, then click on Yes and save - remember to do the maths as well! :)

BillyShears

Post by BillyShears » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:55 pm

Peter wrote:OK, Billy. Can you check your profile and see if Notify on Private Message is checked to Yes or No. If No, then click on Yes and save - remember to do the maths as well! :)
Peter,

I did check when I first noticed the problem but I checked again today and it is/was on. I did the math in any event. For now I'll make a habit of checking for PMs. Thanks for taking the time to help me with this.

BS

Roby

Post by Roby » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:33 am

Billy... In regards to Chris... He often leaves his pc on ...
Roby
"Per raro che sia, il vero amore e' meno raro della vera amicizia."

"As rare as true love is, it is not as rare as true friendship."
- François de La Rochefoucauld