Il Commissario de Luca

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
Pescatore

Il Commissario de Luca

Post by Pescatore » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Where can I get hold of the serie? RAIs webpage had it as free-to-view for a period, but this is now gone.

And regarding Carlo Lucarellis de Luca novels in Italian, is it advicable for me to start with these to improve my Italian. How is the language? Difficult/complex, intermediate, easy.

E.g. I've started Gianrico Carofiglio's Testimone Inconsapevole and that works fine if I take my time and use the dictionary, so how does this compare to de Luca-novels.

Thanks

umberto

Post by umberto » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:34 pm

I read a couple of books by Carlo Lucarelli, but essays, not novels. I think his style is neither complex nor easy, quite journalistic. He writes crime and mystery novels: if you like this genre, you could try! Unfortunately I’ve never read any book by Gianrico Carofiglio, so I’m not able to make any comparison. One of the most seccessful crime novels written during the last years is Io uccido by Giorgio Faletti: it isn’t hard and the style recalls that of certain American novels by authors like Stephen King or Patricia Cornwell.