Sometimes miracles do happen!

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
Massimo

Sometimes miracles do happen!

Post by Massimo » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:33 am

Well, I know it will be really weird for most you members to read this. And I can understand why. Don't actually know where to start from. It's been two and a half years since most of you heard from me. And I must really apologise for all the worry and concern I must have created. But so much has happened, and to be honest, I still find it hard to believe this much has happened. Let me start from the very beginning. Two and a half years ago I underwent some very stupid surgery. But while going across all the standard check-ups I was diagnosed with a major brain tumor. I was told "I was still in time" and got cured, or so it seemed. On December 8 ,2008 I just woke up one morning and realized I was blind. "Oh my God", I thought. Went to the hospital, just to be told the "bump" had grown well beyond any expectation. Can you imagine my feelings??? I was given no hope, and I lost hope. I got under major surgery, and in the meantime lost the use of my left leg, so much for results! Yet, I told myself "You can do it". So I went through a two years' time rehab. The sight slowly (and I can tell you, very slowly!) came back, and so did the use of my leg.Chemio really worked (well, lost my hair, but at 40, and being Italian, my new look worked really well!) In the meantime, my life came back to having some meaning. You can imagine that throughout this very looong time I lost interest in whatever was part of my life, as my main interest was my own life. And yet, I was able to make it. Now, I must say I'm all right, well, except for my left foot still having a bit of a problem, but that's nothing, believe me, really nothing, compared to what I went through. And I just have to to thank God, or whoever he is, for making me still be part of this world.
What can I say folks, I do apologise for all this, but I hope you will all understand that this was "well beyond my expectations":-)
I am now going to go back to the life I had until 2 and a half year ago, and that includes being a teacher of Italian, that includes travelling around, that includes enjoying a sunny day, and I hope that includes having you all back as my friends. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for not being able to tell you about this before, you can surely understand why.
I will soon update my details on this forum, with a new e-mail address. Everything I had in the past, just went lost. But I'm still here, and that's what counts. A big hug to my old friends here, Davide, Rebecca Mindy first of all. And to all the new members. Enjoy life, that's what counts!
Massimo

Want to learn or practice and improve your Italian? Visit : http://www.learnitalian.at.vu

Cresasso

Post by Cresasso » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:24 am

Auguri! Non ti ho mai conosciuto pero ti presenti con un tono piuttosto grato, esuberante e beh, ricco di vita.

Io sono medico ed ho sofferto di diabete dall'eta` di 3 anni quandi mi ricoverarono all Sant'Orsola. Ho vissuto una vita in preda alle malizie di una malattia cronica e potenzialmente debilitante domandola con tutto il coraggio che la mia anima mi permette. Ancora me la campo piuttosto bene. Ho passato dei brutti momenti; malgrado tutte le frustrazione e lacrime nel passato, sono lieto di confessare che la vita me la sono goduta, che continuo a goderla, e che finche` riesco a respirare, me la godro` anche troppo.

A volte, chi le passa brutte resta piu` felice perche` il dolore non dura per sempre. Avendo provato varie ustioni di sfiga a volte puo` aiutare ad apprezzare i momenti piu` belli.

Che Dio ti benedica, il saluto affettuoso che mi dicevano sempre le mie nonne!

jade

Post by jade » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:23 pm

Hi Massimo,

It is very nice to have you back. A lot of people on the forum were wondering what happened to you. You have been through quite a lot but now beginning to have your life back, that is just wonderful. I am happy for you. Take care!

Peter

Post by Peter » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:17 pm

Caro Massimo, non ci credo! Un grandissimo bentornato! Mi dispiace molto sentire dei tuoi problemi. Ma allo stresso tempo ammiro la tua forza, la tua credenza nella vita. Che ispirazione sei tu! Certamente, Dio ti ha benedetto. :D :D E non è mica necessario chiedere scusa, amico mio. :)

È un tale gran piacere rivederti qui, e spero che tu riesca a frequentare il forum da tanto in tanto nel futuro. :)

Un augurone

Roby

Post by Roby » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:37 am

Peter wrote:Caro Massimo, non ci credo! Un grandissimo bentornato! Mi dispiace molto sentire dei tuoi problemi. Ma allo stresso tempo ammiro la tua forza, la tua credenza nella vita. Che ispirazione sei tu! Certamente, Dio ti ha benedetto. :D :D E non è mica necessario chiedere scusa, amico mio. :)

È un tale gran piacere rivederti qui, e spero che tu riesca a frequentare il forum da tanto in tanto nel futuro. :)

Un augurone

Massimo ,

Peter l'ha detto bene Bentornato nostro caro amico! un abbraccio forte
Roby
"Per raro che sia, il vero amore e' meno raro della vera amicizia."

"As rare as true love is, it is not as rare as true friendship."
- François de La Rochefoucauld

Davide

Massimo

Post by Davide » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:54 pm

Massimo - non trovo le parole per dire come sento in questo momento, salve per dire grazie a Dio che tu sia ancora fra di noi e di mandarti un abbraccio forte forte.

Proprio ben tornato!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Davide

Please identify yourself first before you add me.

Mindy

Post by Mindy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:59 am

Massimo, what an amazing post.....you are an inspiration. Life is so fragile and precious. It is wonderful to have you here again, and we all look forward to having you back for a good, long time! :).

Massimo

Post by Massimo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:38 pm

Well, what can I say??? I'm sooo pleased about your replies!! I did feel so guilty about not letting you know about the situation, but I'm really happy you all understood what the situation was. Now I'm really looking forward to my new life. Which means I'll start working again. Look forward to Massimo coming back with his Italian lesson :D Again, thanks everybody!
PS. Went for a check-up yesterday, doctors told me "98% I'm out of trouble", left foot slowly coming back to normal, and sight now 99% recovered". If everything goes right, Summer should see me back into business. so to speak! Massimo is back!!!!!
Massimo

Want to learn or practice and improve your Italian? Visit : http://www.learnitalian.at.vu

Davide

Post by Davide » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:57 pm

My dear friend - you have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. I know I speak for everyone who knows you here, and those who don't, that seeing you back with us is one of the happiest moments on this forum - you have been sorely missed here.

Davide

Please identify yourself first before you add me.

Peter

Post by Peter » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Sono totalmente d'accordo con quello che disse Davide! :D

Roby

Post by Roby » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Davide wrote:My dear friend - you have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. I know I speak for everyone who knows you here, and those who don't, that seeing you back with us is one of the happiest moments on this forum - you have been sorely missed here.

Davide

Massimo, our dear friend, Davide has said it all. We are so happy that you are improving every day. You sure have brightened our day. You have been sorely missed here. Mindy, Davide, Peter, me and the rest of the forum are blessed to have such a great friend as you. Having you back with us is a very blessed thing after all that you have been through. We are your extended family here. Welcome back Massimo. God Bless You! Ti vogliamo bene
Roby
"Per raro che sia, il vero amore e' meno raro della vera amicizia."

"As rare as true love is, it is not as rare as true friendship."
- François de La Rochefoucauld

Massimo

Post by Massimo » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks Roby and Peter! Grazie!
Massimo

umberto

Post by umberto » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:45 pm

È vero, a volte i miracoli succedono!!

Massimo

Post by Massimo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:27 am

Si, Umberto, i miracoli accadono davvero a volte, ed io non mi stancherò mai di dirlo! Se solo penso a ciò che mi è accaduto, e se penso a quello che poteva accadere, io dico: i miracoli accadono, basta crederci!
Massimo

ladybird

Post by ladybird » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Bentornato Massimo :D

I echo all that the others have said, it is great to have you back.

The human spirit can be indomitable at times of great stress..looks like your spirit is working well for you towards your recovery.

Stammi bene :D
Life is for living and learning.