Greetings from your friendly Forum Admin!

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
Mindy

Greetings from your friendly Forum Admin!

Post by Mindy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:20 pm

Ciao carissimi!

Hope this post finds you all well! I wanted to give you a quick update on some items pertaining to our beloved forum. :) Due to some changes in the phpBB software we use, I will be hiring a consultant to help upgrade our board. Due to personal and work commitments, this will probably happen sometime in the spring. Once it does, I will be naming Davide and -Luca- as "moderators" to help correct some of the older posts on the board and to delete spam posts when they occur. Roby and Peter already serve in this capacity, and their time and efforts (completely voluntary) are deeply appreciated and truly valued by me and by the members of our community!

Also, I wanted to address the unwritten rule here at Impariamo that "there are no rules". I really don't like to monitor posts and behavior, and thankfully, the we have all played very nicely together over the years! :D However, when a member does not mesh well with our self-proclaimed culture of openness, helpfulness, flexibility and kindness, we need to band together to preserve the culture we treasure. So, sadly, I will impose the following "rule": if I receive complaints about a single member from 3 other members within a 7 day window, that single member will be temporarily prohibited from posting at Impariamo, and if the behavior persists, the account will be made permanently inactive. I believe in the goodness in each and every one of our members, and I hope I will never have to actually invoke this rule. But out of necessity, I wanted to let you all know that behavior that goes counter to our culture will not be tolerated for long. If you have any issues with this, please send me a Private Message.

On a lighter note, allow me to introduce you all to Kimball, a puppy that my family and I are raising for Guiding Eyes for the Blind! He's an adorable 6 month old lab, and for the next year or so we will teach and socialize him, and when he is about 18 months old he will go In For Training to learn how to be a guide dog for a visually impaired person.

That's all for now....un abbraccio a tutti!

Mindy

-Luca-

Post by -Luca- » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Me and Davide will be proud to give our contribute for the forum.

I'm very happy to help the staff, and I hope to match up with this job!

Grazie per la fiducia accordatami :)

Luca
Italians don't know what Caesar salad is !!

Davide

Post by Davide » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:50 pm

Sono anche i miei sentimenti - :D

Davide

Please identify yourself first before you add me.

Peter

Post by Peter » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi Mindy

Many thanks for putting this post up. It is absolutely essential that we maintain the nature of this particular forum. I do believe people remain with us because of it.

Welcome to Luca and Davide as co-moderators. I am absolutely certain that they will do a first class job in going through Lezioni Gratuite, although in saying that I want to say, yet again, how fortunate we have been that we have had someone like Roby who has spent so much of her time producing the vast majority of what currently exists under that heading. Grazie mille, Roby. :)

And thank you, Mindy, for introducing us to Kimball. What a lovely looking feller he is, and I am sure he will make a smashing guide dog. :)