Italian TV series?

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
turkjey5

Italian TV series?

Post by turkjey5 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:32 am

Does anyone have any suggestions about good TV series? I'd like to watch something to improve my listening.
thanks!

Davide

Post by Davide » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:58 pm

I Can't get Italian TV here in the UK on my satellite system but this link is a good place to start

http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/diretta.html ... efde8a37bd

There are some good 'soap operas' such as 'Un Posto al Sole' and the 'Coliandro' detective series. No doubt our natives speakers in Italy will hae some good suggestions.

Davide

Please identify yourself first before you add me.

coffeecup

Post by coffeecup » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:10 pm

I like watching Inspector Rex: Rex in Rome.

It's got subtitles, but half the time they don't match the actual, literal translation of Italian, and I sort of make it a game to spot the mistakes. That really helps with listening skills.
без тебя я не я. нас никогда не догонят! я тебя люблю.

grazia213

Post by grazia213 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:07 am

I watch Alisa segui il tuo cuore ( german soap opera translated for italian) I like it! lol I follow Alisa on Youtube you should be able to just search it as Alisa segui il tuo cuore and you will get episodes pop up.

There is series called La Ladra and there was another that finished a while ago called Terra Ribelle ( a seven part series be aware this got alot of attention from the media in italy because of some scenes...dubbed as hotter then desperate housewives. BUT if you can over look these issues it is not too bad of a series.)

The Ladra and Terra Ribelle aired here in canada on rai channel. You can also download both series from a P2P if you wanted to as well.

Peter

Post by Peter » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:44 am

There are also the Commissario Montalbano tv films based on Andrea Camilleri's books. Worth a look at http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/me ... 4.html?p=0.