Video lezioni su Youtube

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
Larso

Video lezioni su Youtube

Post by Larso » Sun May 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Ciao

deseo consigliare questo canale youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/italianwithleo

Fate mi sapere se voi piace. Per me è multo buono.

Larso

Massimo

Post by Massimo » Sun May 01, 2011 7:45 pm

It's quite good, very helpful for beginners. I must point out, however, that teaching a foreign language is not something you can do just because you're a native speaker. There's a lot of work behind it.
Yet, as I said, lessons like these can be a good introduction to a deeper study of the language
Massimo

Want to learn or practice and improve your Italian? Visit : http://www.learnitalian.at.vu

Larso

Post by Larso » Mon May 02, 2011 12:18 pm

Massimo, grazie per rispondere. In inglese:

Most of those vids aren't for beginners. Did you even bother to check them out? I don't get your comment about teaching a foreign language either. Yeah, there's a lot of amateurish junk on youtube and around on the internet, but it seems to me that this particular guy has some pretty neat stuff.

ladybird

Post by ladybird » Mon May 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Ciao Larso

Are you a native speaker or studying Italian yourself?

I honestly don't think that Massimo has said anything detrimental about the videos, he is a teacher of Italian himself so is probably well placed to pass comment. :)
Life is for living and learning.

Larso

Post by Larso » Mon May 02, 2011 12:52 pm

ladybird, I am trying to learn italian.

As for my remark, maybe I got it wrong. But imagine you came in here and said: "check this watch I bought". And I answer: "it's fine. However let me point out that most humans aren't aware enough about time".
I really don't see the connection.

Peter

Post by Peter » Mon May 02, 2011 12:55 pm

I would have to agree with Massimo, and with Ladybird's comments . The videos that I watched were dealing with the basics that newcomers to the language would be faced with, eg the definite articles. They are quite well presented but are do not appear to be targeted at intermediate or advanced learners of Italian. This is not to do them down in any way, just trying to place some perspective on them. :)

Massimo

Post by Massimo » Mon May 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Larso, as Ladybird pointed out, it was not my intention to say anything detrimental about those videos. Indeed, I commented they are a good start for somebody wanting to start learning Italian.
I did bother to watch a few of those guy's video, anyway.
My further comment, however, given out as a teacher of Italian, was only that the videos are good, I appreciate the guy's efforts, and they may be good to start learning Italian, but teaching a foreign language is much more than that. I did not want to offend the guy in any way.
Hope the matter is cleared up now :D
Massimo

Want to learn or practice and improve your Italian? Visit : http://www.learnitalian.at.vu

Larso

Post by Larso » Tue May 03, 2011 10:20 am

Absolutely :-)
Buona giornata tutti.