Learning Italian!

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
Sweetcheeks Malone

Post by Sweetcheeks Malone » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:37 pm

Pietru wrote:I can't recall, but there was always something to watch on there. I was young when I used to watch Italian tv and tended to see Canale 5, which seemed to mainly have women in their 20s wearing swimming costumes. Ideal for an adolescent :D
Oh, you letcher! :P ...wonder if there are any good looking men...

Ahem. :D

coffeecup wrote:I was in Treviso when I saw that; that's where our host families were and we stayed for a week. It was a great experience, and I still occasionally talk to my host sister. :D I loved it and want to go back, haha, on the road again..... :D:D
Are there any other places in Italy you'd like to stay? Perhaps further south? :)

Peter wrote:Certainly under the last government (for want of a better word) we were definitely heading that way, and unfortunately we still seem to be meandering down that path, mainly thanks to some idiot judges who seem to make judgements based on Human Rights legislation. Things are not going to change until there has been a complete overhaul of such legislation so that victims are placed at the centre of it.
I note that the Human Rights legislation is meant to be from Mainland Europe yet only we seem to adhere to it, and usually to a breathtakingly stupid extent. Do you think this is the case for Italy and/or other countries?

coffeecup

Post by coffeecup » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:54 pm

I would love to travel all over! :D Yes, we landed in venezia and stayed all of 24 hours :( then a week in treviso, then firenze, pisa, siena, assisi, roma, and then back to the great down under. :)

I'd love to go to pompeii, milano, the amalfi coast, le cinque terre, maybe sicily.... I love travelling! :D
без тебя я не я. нас никогда не догонят! я тебя люблю.

Sweetcheeks Malone

Post by Sweetcheeks Malone » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:04 pm

coffeecup wrote:I would love to travel all over! :D Yes, we landed in venezia and stayed all of 24 hours :( then a week in treviso, then firenze, pisa, siena, assisi, roma, and then back to the great down under. :)

I'd love to go to pompeii, milano, the amalfi coast, le cinque terre, maybe sicily.... I love travelling! :D
I know veeery little about Italian geography and culture. I just want to know everything. I'm currently geeking out over a new set of verb tenses I was sent by the lady tutoring me. I could easily look them up but it's just nice to be shown them, you know? :D It's very gratifying to see patterns come together, hopefully I'll actually be able to say more in Italian soon. :P

Roby

Post by Roby » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:36 pm

Amy.... Check out this thread . You will find a lot of helpful information.

http://impariamo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=35712
Roby
"Per raro che sia, il vero amore e' meno raro della vera amicizia."

"As rare as true love is, it is not as rare as true friendship."
- François de La Rochefoucauld

Sweetcheeks Malone

Post by Sweetcheeks Malone » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Roby wrote:Amy.... Check out this thread . You will find a lot of helpful information.

http://impariamo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=35712

Grazie mille, Roby. :D

coffeecup

Post by coffeecup » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:17 am

Sweetcheeks Malone wrote:I'm currently geeking out over a new set of verb tenses I was sent by the lady tutoring me. I could easily look them up but it's just nice to be shown them, you know? :D It's very gratifying to see patterns come together
haha i "geek out" over new verb tenses too! :lol: and when I hear something wrong in english, I'm all like, "you shouldn't have used the past gerund of that modal verb, but the correct way to say it would have been to conjugate it in the past imperfect tense" :shock: hahahaha I get such weird stares from people who really should know their grammar better!!!

Sweetcheeks Malone

Post by Sweetcheeks Malone » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:56 am

coffeecup wrote:
Sweetcheeks Malone wrote:I'm currently geeking out over a new set of verb tenses I was sent by the lady tutoring me. I could easily look them up but it's just nice to be shown them, you know? :D It's very gratifying to see patterns come together
haha i "geek out" over new verb tenses too! :lol: and when I hear something wrong in english, I'm all like, "you shouldn't have used the past gerund of that modal verb, but the correct way to say it would have been to conjugate it in the past imperfect tense" :shock: hahahaha I get such weird stares from people who really should know their grammar better!!!
Ah, I'm not alone! :P If you geek out over verb tenses, you'll have the time of your life with the Russian ones! :D

coffeecup

Post by coffeecup » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:06 am

Sweetcheeks Malone wrote:
coffeecup wrote:
Ah, I'm not alone! :P If you geek out over verb tenses, you'll have the time of your life with the Russian ones! :D
hehe I'm looking forward to it, but at the moment, I'm stuck on pronunciation and spelling. I love the alphabet, but don't have the time I want to devote to learning it properly. Alas, Year 12 is an awfully big time-guzzler. (four months of study left, a month for exams and I'm free!! :D )

Sweetcheeks Malone

Post by Sweetcheeks Malone » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:12 pm

coffeecup wrote:
Sweetcheeks Malone wrote:
coffeecup wrote:
hehe I'm looking forward to it, but at the moment, I'm stuck on pronunciation and spelling. I love the alphabet, but don't have the time I want to devote to learning it properly. Alas, Year 12 is an awfully big time-guzzler. (four months of study left, a month for exams and I'm free!! :D )
I have to confess, I kinda envy you. :P It's surprisingly difficult to find any Italian classes around here (mine has disbanded until October). That said, if I suddenly had your workload, I imagine the envy would disappear rather quickly. :wink:

coffeecup

Post by coffeecup » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:20 pm

Sweetcheeks Malone wrote:I have to confess, I kinda envy you. :P It's surprisingly difficult to find any Italian classes around here (mine has disbanded until October). That said, if I suddenly had your workload, I imagine the envy would disappear rather quickly. :wink:
haha very true. Yes the workload is a bit excessive, what with three part time jobs to add to the mix as well. :shock: I'm just a very busy bunny, and I CAN'T WAIT for next year to be done with school and able to study hospitality at uni. :D