Language Immersion Tour in Puglia with Melissa

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
disegno

Language Immersion Tour in Puglia with Melissa

Post by disegno » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:24 pm

Ciao Tutti! Sono Melissa. Uno dei primi iscritti di Impariamo! This August I will be hosting, along with my partner Ylessandra of YLTour located in Lecce Italy, an "Language Immersion Tour in Puglia". Lovers of all things Italian and those interested in learning Italian are welcome - from beginners to more advanced...all levels of language learners are welcome! I am attaching information and adding links for you to learn more about the upcoming trip we are planning for this August. To learn more visit my blog: http://www.studentessamatta.com

What you can expect: A week spent with a small group of new friends who are passionate about Italy, wine, cooking and learning the language. Men, women, couples of all ages! Language student of all levels from beginners to advanced are welcome. There are spots for a minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 15 people. The accommodations will be at a farm house in the country with a pool and only 1km from the sea! What will we do? Every day there will be informal and entertaining language classes. We will continue to talk in Italian during the rest of the day to practice our Italian. For instance there will be new topics everyday that will pertain to what we are doing that day (cooking, mask making, yoga, baking, lunch with locals, photography, making pizza in a pizzeria, shopping in the market etc.) It will be a relaxing & enjoyable vacation, but will at the same time will allow participants to practice Italian in real contexts. Below you will find a detailed itinerary of what we will be doing each day.

Itinerary (can also be found on the blog: http://www.studentessamatta.com/2012-la ... 19th-26th/ )

Venite con noi in Puglia quest'estate!!!

Day 1 – 19 August 2012
Arrival and transfer from Brindisi airport to your accommodation (a traditional fully equipped farmhouse)
Welcome “aperitivo”
Afternoon to relax by the pool or in the courtyard
Dinner at the Masseria with your hosts Melissa and Yle to discuss details of your fabulous Puglia week

Day 2 – 20 August 2012
Cooking class and Grecìa Salentina day!
Cooking Class with Mamma Giulia
Afternoon cultural visit of the Grecìa Salentina area and Otranto (were locals still speak ancient greek)
Meet locals, visit unique historic towns.
Dinner in a local restaurant.

Day 3 – 21 August 2012
Cheese and Pasticciotto day!
Pastry class (Pasticciotto making) with the acclaimed pastry chef Luca Capilungo
Cheese making demonstration and meal with a local family!
Afternoon visit of Lecce
Free time in Lecce
Dinner in a trattoria in town

Day 4 – 22 August 2012
Photography day!
Today we will visit several lovely places in Puglia, most of them characterised by white washed walls little villages, nice balconies, fish markets and more details that
will capture the attention of your camera
Alberobello, Locorotondo, Martina Franca
Picnic Lunch
Polignano and Ostuni
Back to the farmhouse for dinner

Day 5 – 23 August 2012
Wine day!
Today we will tour, visit, taste and meet some famous wine producers, taste their wines and know many interesting things on their families wine stories and wine
production.
Luncheon
Late afternoon back to the farm
Taralli cooking class and dinner at the farm

Day 6 – 24 August
Yoga and Pizza day!
Today our fun Italian class will take place outdoor among olive trees..
Our yoga instructor will teach you how to relax among nature
A private Olive oil tasting will take place among olive trees…and a picnic will follow
Afternoon in Lecce: papier – maché workshop with two lovely local instructors
Free time to stroll in Lecce
Pizza class with Ronzino and fun Nonna Consilia and Zia Maria

Day 7 – 25 August
Beach, Bread and Italian Family Day in a local village!
Relax morning on the beach
Afternoon baking class with a local family and dinner with them
Balliamo la pizzica!
During our baking and dinner you will also learn how to dance the traditional pizzica.

Day 8 – 26 August
Baci e abbracci day!
Private transfer to Brindisi airport for our goodbyes and departure for the return home
Arrivederci and see you next year!
Melissa and Yle xox

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The following program is set for groups of participants for a minimum of 4 to a maximum of 15.
Price Includes: accommodation, meals, Italian classes, transportation from/to Brindisi airport or Lecce train station and field trips, guided tours, classes, tastings, all the activities mentioned in the program

7 days €. 1200,00 (Based on Today’s (4/17/12) Currency Conversion Rate = $1,575.25)

Based on double occupancy - Single supplement $ 300,00

Does not include: Personal costs (airfare, insurance)

To make reservations or for questions please contact:

Ylenia – info@yltourcongressi.com

Melissa – melissa@melissadesign.com

Please contact me if you would like more information and please spread the word to anyone you think might be interested!
Chi canta a tavola e fischia a letto e' matto perfetto.

Peter

Re: Language Immersion Tour in Puglia with Melissa

Post by Peter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Magari fosse possibile, Melissa, ma purtroppo non lo è. :( Un peccato, perché sembra molto interessante, ed è in una regione che non ho visitato. Quest'è la prima volta che hai fatto una tale cosa? Spero che sarà un successo. :) Spererei che sarà così anche se non sia la prima volta!! :) :)

Quintus

Post by Quintus » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:20 pm

disegno wrote:...The accommodations will be at a farm house in the country with a pool and only 1km from the sea!
That sounds Magic! As well as for all the rest. I was wondering... couldn't I join your group? I might pretend to be mute, so nobody could realize I'm a native! :wink:

I've always been loving Puglia. I went there several times with a group of friends. We would spend our summer holidays there. We had tents and set them up near the sea or in the country. We wandered that region far and wide. What a beautiful places! Puglia was a gate two thousand years ago and there you still breath the air of the most profound Mediterranean culture.

I just wanted to say you hi. E' stato attraverso il "Diario di una studentessa matta" che ho conosciuto impariamo.com. Ci vado spesso per leggere i tuoi articoli e osservare le creazioni della tua fantasia.
Avrai un grande successo Melissa! :D

Ciao,
Franco

disegno

Post by disegno » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:08 pm

Ciao Franco! Vieni con me in Puglia! Sarebbe bello averti con noi! Abbiamo bisogno di madrelingua per il nostro tour!!! Sono contenta che tu abbia trovato Impariamo attraverso me! Il tuo inglese è perfetto! Mi piacerebbe incontrarti. Passaparola....se conosci qualcuno che avrebbe interesse nel nostro escursione in Puglia spread the word!!! Grazie! :D :D :D :D

For anyone else interested in the language immersion experience, I would love to have you along for the journey. A week in Puglia and every day we will be doing something new and there will be plenty of opportunities to use Italian and speak with the locals. We will be wine tasting, making pizza in pizzerias, sight seeing in Lecce, Locorotondo and taking pictures, going to the beach, doing yoga under the olive trees. What better way to improve your Italian as well. I'm looking forward to improving mine!!!! 8) 8) More details on the blog www.studentessamatta.com Non vedo l'ora!!!

disegno

Post by disegno » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:12 pm

Ciao Peter! Sì è la prima volta che faccio un tour come questo. Speravo con tutto il mio cuore che tu potessi venire! Chissà forse la prossima volta andrò in Inghilterra prima...prima di andare in Italia naturalmente! 8) 8) Speriamo di ripetere l'esperienze nel 2013!!! Un giorno ci incontriamo! Non vedo l'ora di darti un grande abbraccio, bere un bel bicchiere di vino insieme e parlarti in Italiano!! Abbiamo un appuntamento!?

-Luca-

Post by -Luca- » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Dai, organizziamoci e andiamo una giornata in Puglia a trovare Melissa e il suo gruppo :)
Italians don't know what Caesar salad is !!

Quintus

Post by Quintus » Fri May 04, 2012 1:06 pm

disegno wrote:Ciao Franco! Vieni con me in Puglia! Sarebbe bello averti con noi! Abbiamo bisogno di madrelingua per il nostro tour!!! Sono contenta che tu abbia trovato Impariamo attraverso me! Il tuo inglese è perfetto! Mi piacerebbe incontrarti. Passaparola....se conosci qualcuno che avrebbe interesse nel nostro escursione in Puglia spread the word!!! Grazie! :D :D :D :D
Grazie per il cordialissimo invito Melissa! Mi piacerebbe molto ma temo che non mi sarà possibile unirmi al vostro gruppo. Il tempo delle ferie con la tenda è lontano e i giorni da dedicare alle vacanze diminuiscono sempre di più
a mano a mano che gli anni passano. Ma non dovrebbe essere il contrario?
Riguardo al passaparola, l'ho già fatto. Ho dato il link alla moglie di un mio amico che è americana e che a sua volta ha molte amiche e amici americani che vivono a Firenze o che ci vengono per alcuni mesi all'anno.

Spero di incontrarti nel futuro!

In bocca al lupo! :D :D :D :D
Franco

disegno

Post by disegno » Sun May 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Ciao Franco! Grazie per dare la notizia a tua moglie e gli amici. Anch'io spero di incontrarti nel futuro! Buon weekend! :D