Parole per Parole

Roby
Posts: 3850
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:06 pm

Postby Roby » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:30 pm

ladybird wrote:contonatura > naturale

natural


Angela,

You were a little sidetracked?

Naturale>>>naturalizzazione

acquiring citizenship of a country
naturalization (becoming similar to nature)

User avatar
ladybird
Posts: 1522
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:55 pm
Location: London, England

Postby ladybird » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:14 pm

Roby wrote:
ladybird wrote:contonatura > naturale

natural


Angela,

You were a little sidetracked?

Naturale>>>naturalizzazione

acquiring citizenship of a country
naturalization (becoming similar to nature)


Sorry Roby, I don't quite get your meaning :?
Sidetracked? Did I make a mistake with the word?
Life is for living and learning.

Roby
Posts: 3850
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:06 pm

Postby Roby » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:27 pm

ladybird wrote:
Roby wrote:
ladybird wrote:contonatura > naturale

natural


Angela,

You were a little sidetracked?

Naturale>>>naturalizzazione

acquiring citizenship of a country
naturalization (becoming similar to nature)


Sorry Roby, I don't quite get your meaning :?
Sidetracked? Did I make a mistake with the word?


Angela,

I said this because you put naturale which is assoxciation and word for word is to change a letter or two , etc. Then , under the English post, I believe you took the English meaning instead of the word . Did you see the other posts with my comment?

User avatar
ladybird
Posts: 1522
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:55 pm
Location: London, England

Postby ladybird » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:41 pm

Roby wrote:
ladybird wrote:
Roby wrote:
ladybird wrote:contonatura > naturale

natural


Angela,

You were a little sidetracked?

Naturale>>>naturalizzazione

acquiring citizenship of a country
naturalization (becoming similar to nature)


Sorry Roby, I don't quite get your meaning :?
Sidetracked? Did I make a mistake with the word?


Angela,

I said this because you put naturale which is assoxciation and word for word is to change a letter or two , etc. Then , under the English post, I believe you took the English meaning instead of the word . Did you see the other posts with my comment?


Guilty as charged! (well, only partly..)

Ok Roby, try as I might, I could not come up with anything even vaguely resembling contonatura.
I went for the next closest thing I could find which was naturale.
I'm sorry, maybe I'm just tired, but I thought that naturale means natural?
So where did I go wrong there?
You will have to explain slooowly for the benefit of a brain that has been on the go since 5.30am.

Grazie
Life is for living and learning.

Roby
Posts: 3850
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:06 pm

Postby Roby » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:59 pm

naturalizzazione >>>naturalizzato

established (naturalized)
naturalized (become acquainted with a new environment )


Return to “Meanings of Words and Phrases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest