I Need People to Approve of My YouTube Subtitles

Tom S. Fox

I Need People to Approve of My YouTube Subtitles

Postby Tom S. Fox » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:14 am

I have begun making subtitles for Italian YouTube videos, but the problem is that subtitles you upload to other people’s videos only appear when they have been approved by other users, and no one ever gets around to doing that on smaller channels unless it’s a transcript of the original language.

I have created a playlist where I will add all the videos I have subtitled. Unfortunately, it no longer seems to be possible to subscribe to playlists, but maybe you could check it for updates every now and then.

In the meantime, could you go here and here, and approve of the English subtitles? Thanks!

calum
Site Owner

Re: I Need People to Approve of My YouTube Subtitles

Postby calum » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:00 pm

Hi Tom,

I have followed your links and watched the videos but see no English subtitles, only Italian.

Tom S. Fox

Re: I Need People to Approve of My YouTube Subtitles

Postby Tom S. Fox » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:49 am

calum wrote:I have followed your links and watched the videos but see no English subtitles…
This is going to sound rude, but the pages I have linked to have a single, big button clearly labeled, “Select language.” Have you tried clicking on it and choosing “English”?

The English subtitles of both videos have been published now, though. I’ll let you know when I’ve finished the subtitles I’m currently working on.

Return to “Miscellaneous”