Quick Translations, please

Have a question about Italian grammar? Need a quick translation from Italian to English or vice versa? Post it here!
Eyesoftheraven

Quick Translations, please

Post by Eyesoftheraven » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:17 am

Sono arrivata appena in tempo di godere gli ultimi momenti di colore prima che arrivo il freddo. In realtà e gia arrivato. Saro pronta a febraio! Ti penso abbastanza. Come stai.

calum

Re: Quick Translations, please

Post by calum » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:34 pm

Eyesoftheraven wrote:Sono arrivata appena in tempo di godere gli ultimi momenti di colore prima che arrivo il freddo. In realtà e gia arrivato. Saro pronta a febraio! Ti penso abbastanza. Come stai.
Hi,

is this you writing to someone else, or is it a message you have received?

My translation is:

Sono arrivata appena in tempo di godere gli ultimi momenti di colore prima che arrivo* il freddo.
*[Note that the 'prima che' in the above sentence requires that the subjunctive be used for the verb arrivare; so it should read "prima che arrivasse il freddo".]
I arrived just in time to enjoy the final moments of colour before the cold [weather] arrived.

In realtà e gia è già arrivato.
In fact it has already arrived.

Saro Sarò pronta a febraio febbraio!
I'll be ready in February!

Ti penso abbastanza.
I think of you enough. ( ??)
This sentence makes no sense in either language so I'd reword it as:
Ti penso spesso.
I think of you often.

Come stai?
How are you?

regards,
Calum

Eyesoftheraven

Re: Quick Translations, please

Post by Eyesoftheraven » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:06 am

calum wrote:
Eyesoftheraven wrote:Sono arrivata appena in tempo di godere gli ultimi momenti di colore prima che arrivo il freddo. In realtà e gia arrivato. Saro pronta a febraio! Ti penso abbastanza. Come stai.
Hi,

is this you writing to someone else, or is it a message you have received?

My translation is:

Sono arrivata appena in tempo di godere gli ultimi momenti di colore prima che arrivo* il freddo.
*[Note that the 'prima che' in the above sentence requires that the subjunctive be used for the verb arrivare; so it should read "prima che arrivasse il freddo".]
I arrived just in time to enjoy the final moments of colour before the cold [weather] arrived.

In realtà e gia è già arrivato.
In fact it has already arrived.

Saro Sarò pronta a febraio febbraio!
I'll be ready in February!

Ti penso abbastanza.
I think of you enough. ( ??)
This sentence makes no sense in either language so I'd reword it as:
Ti penso spesso.
I think of you often.

Come stai?
How are you?

regards,
Calum

This was something I had received from a friend who had just moved. Thank you very much for your help with translating. You were thorough and I can tell put a fair amount of effort in. I truly do appreciate your help!