Help with translation

Have a question about Italian grammar? Need a quick translation from Italian to English or vice versa? Post it here!
velcro

Help with translation

Post by velcro » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:49 am

Hi all,

I'm an Irish illustrator working out of Malta. I've entered one of my works for a contest and need to provide a description that will help give context to the piece. I was hoping that someone might b able to help, although I realize that this might be quite challenging.

Thanks in advance.

Here is the blurb:

The United States and its allies continue to lie to the world when they claim a 'responsibility to protect' oppressed people in the Middle East and Africa. Their only interest is to attack countries too weak to resist their plans for imperialist expansion. The burden of accommodating the thousands of refugees that the US keep 'liberating' can be someone els 's problem.

colagiuppy

Re: Help with translation

Post by colagiuppy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:45 pm

Gli Stati Uniti e i loro alleati continuano a mentire al mondo quando sostengono "la responsabilità di proteggere" i popoli del Medio Oriente e dell'Africa. Il loro unico interesse è quello di attaccare paesi troppo deboli per resistere ai loro piani di espansione imperialista. L'onere di ospitare le migliaia di rifugiati che gli USA continuano a "liberare" rimane il problema di qualcun altro.

velcro

Re: Help with translation

Post by velcro » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:00 pm

Thank you so much.

I was in a bit of a hurry for this and someone else offered to help before I saw your post but I thought it might be interesting for you to compare your translation with theirs.

Thanks again.

LA SCONVENIENTE VERITÀ SULLA "RESPONSABILITÀ DI PROTEGGERE"
Gli Stati Uniti ed i suoi alleati continuano a mentire al mondo quando rivendicano una "responsabilità di proteggere" le persone oppresse nel Medio Oriente e in Africa. Il loro unico interesse è di attaccare i paesi molto deboli che resistono ai loro piani per l'espansione imperialista. Il fardello della sistemazione delle migliaia di ifugiati che gli Stati Uniti continuano a "liberare" può essere il problema di qualcun altro.