Pronounciation problems

Have a question about Italian grammar? Need a quick translation from Italian to English or vice versa? Post it here!
Zeke

Pronounciation problems

Post by Zeke » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:40 pm

I haven't looked it up yet but what's the best source other than the native speakers right? As of now, I've been learning phrases and word from a small book. It dealt with a pronounce guide on how to handle c, ch, g, gh. My only problem is how do I manage s?

There are often times I see s pronounced as z. How's so? If you know any other consonants similar to the cases above, tell me. Grazie!

calum

Re: Pronounciation problems

Post by calum » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:29 am

Zeke wrote:I haven't looked it up yet but what's the best source other than the native speakers right? As of now, I've been learning phrases and word from a small book. It dealt with a pronounce guide on how to handle c, ch, g, gh. My only problem is how do I manage s?

There are often times I see s pronounced as z. How's so? If you know any other consonants similar to the cases above, tell me. Grazie!
Hi Zeke,

I suggest you take a look at DuoLingo.com and ItalianPod101.com for pronunciation help and general tuition. The second one will nag you to sign up for paid content but there's plenty of free stuff that's very useful.

Calum