Quote from the movie Apex

Have a question about Italian grammar? Need a quick translation from Italian to English or vice versa? Post it here!
testarossa250

Quote from the movie Apex

Postby testarossa250 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:12 pm

Hi, I am putting together a piece of wall art and found a beautiful quote in the film Apex - a film about the birth of HyperCars.

The quote is approximately 2 minutes 45 seconds into the film and is said by Heracio Pagani, founder of Pagini. In English he says " The thing about driving is that you can take the steering wheel and, with the steering wheel, try to communicate with the road and feel a whole range of emotions that somehow satisfy all senses."

I have tried to get a copy of the original quote in Italian but have failed. I would love for my wall art to contain the exact quote in Italian as is said in the film. I have tried translators working from English to Italian but have had no success.

My question is there anybody able to watch the film and write down exactly what Heracio says in the film? The film is currently on Netflix.

Thanks for any help.

Dylan Thomas

Re: Quote from the movie Apex

Postby Dylan Thomas » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:06 pm

I haven’t seen the film yet, but I can try to translate the quote (I’m afraid not the one as is said in the film).
I would say:

Guidare per me significa poter prendere il volante e, con il volante, cercare di comunicare / dialogare / entrare in comunicazione con la strada e provare una gamma infinita di emozioni che soddisfano tutti i sensi.

DT

testarossa250

Postby testarossa250 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:18 am

Dylan Thomas wrote:I haven’t seen the film yet, but I can try to translate the quote (I’m afraid not the one as is said in the film).
I would say:

Guidare per me significa poter prendere il volante e, con il volante, cercare di comunicare / dialogare / entrare in comunicazione con la strada e provare una gamma infinita di emozioni che soddisfano tutti i sensi.

DT

DT, thank you for the reply, this seems to be getting closer to what Horacio says. I am working on getting the audio from the film which could of some help, if people are willing to receive a file as not sure I can post it on here?

I hope you manage to catch the film has it really is stunning.

testarossa250

Postby testarossa250 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:42 am

I have uploaded the audio clip to my drive with the link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1neeNaN6OyGajdldUVORXdIUG8/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for any help!

calum
Site Owner

Postby calum » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:35 pm

I've been unable to open your link so I found the film elsewhere and listened to the segment you are interested in.
( See https://dotsub.com/view/534b0b6b-eab6-4 ... 8fe146ed7d )

My hearing isn't the best but my best attempt at transcribing his dialogue is this:

Il bello di guidare appunto è il fatto di potere prendere questo volante, e cercare con questo volante di communicare con la strada, di sentire tutta una serie di emozioni, che sono... che vanno a soddisfare in qualche modo i cinque sensi.

Hope that's of some help and I welcome any corrections from our native speakers.

regards,
Calum

Dylan Thomas

Postby Dylan Thomas » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:30 pm

This is what Horacio says,

Il bello di guidare è, appunto, il fatto di poter prendere questo volante e, con questo volante, di comunicare con la strada e sentire tutta una serie di emozioni che sono… che vanno a soddisfare in qualche modo i cinque sensi.

Calum’s hearing was practically perfect.

DT

P.S.
I would change “vanno a soddisfare” to “soddisfano”. Since Horacio speaks Spanish, I guess he’s translating into Italian a typical Spanish way of expressing the simple present. We would simply say “soddisfano”.

testarossa250

Postby testarossa250 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:02 pm

That's awesome, thank you both so much for your help I am very grateful!

All the best, James.

Return to “Vocabolario e grammatica”