transmission tower

Have a question about Italian grammar? Need a quick translation from Italian to English or vice versa? Post it here!
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:38 am

transmission tower

Post by cornejo » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:15 am


What do you call "transmission tower" in Italian?

here is a definition: "a tower like structure used to support high voltage electricity cables"

sentence: ČEZ company owns hundreds of transmission towers to supports its cables that distribute electricity in our country.


WRD has an entry for that but that is for a radio: transmission tower - Dizionario inglese-italiano WordReference

suggestion: torre di trasmissione

Thank you.

User avatar
Posts: 2900
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:41 pm
Location: Horsham, West Sussex, England

Re: transmission tower

Post by Peter » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:33 am

If you are speaking of a power mast or pylon, then the Italian word is traliccio. (

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests