The present indicative tense describes an action in the present and translates into English as “I speak”, “I am speaking” or “I do speak”.
The present indicative tense indicates an action or state of being at the present time.
- Antonia parla a Ugo. (Antonia is speaking to Hugh.)
- Penso di andare al cinema. (I am thinking of going to the movies.)
- Tre più quattro fa sette. (Three plus four equals seven.)
- Rosa studia a casa stasera. (Rose is studying at home tonight.)
- Andate al lavoro a piedi ogni giorno? (Do you walk to work every day?)
- Prendiamo un caffè ogni mattina. (We drink a cup of coffee every morning.)
- Parti domani? (Are you leaving tomorrow? / Will you leave tomorrow?)
- Sì, parto domani. (Yes, I am leaving tomorrow. / Yes, I will leave tomorrow.)
- Abitiamo a Roma dal duemilaundici. (We have been living in Rome since 2011.)
- Nel millenovecentosessantanove gli astronauti americani atterrano sulla Luna. (In 1969 American astronauts land on the moon.)