Newbie Here

Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
ewaters70

Newbie Here

Post by ewaters70 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:19 am

Hi All.
My name is Ed and I live in Burbank CA. I am learn to speak Italian in the hopes that one day soon I will get to travel to Italy. We shall see. I have been trying to learn for a little while now, even took a class, but it has been slow going. I am looking forward to exploring this board for helpful hints. I know a lot of words, but don't really know how to string them together properly. I guess that will come with time. Does anyone know hoe to type with those little accents over some of the letters? Well, just wanted to introduce myself. Hope to get to know some of you on the boards.
Take Care
Ed Waters

Mindy

Post by Mindy » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:25 pm

Hi Ed, welcome to La Bacheca! :D

For accents, I thought you (and other members) may find this to be a useful resource:

http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/inte ... alian.html

So, tell us more about yourself when you have a chance! Why are you learning Italian? You mentioned that you took a class.....what other methods are you using to study and learn the language?

A presto!

--Mindy

ewaters70

Post by ewaters70 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:08 pm

Hi Wendy...
Thanks for the welcome. Wow, that website is a great resource, I will have to take a closer look at it.
As or me, I am learning Italian mainly just to learn something new. However, I do plan on goinf to Italy at some point...it is just very expensive, so it may be a while.
The class was fun, the instructor was great! What a characer he was. He was a native Italian around 65 and told wonderful storires of life in Italy and some of the differences between Italy and the States.
I now mainly use audio CD's. I have the Pimsleur set, 3 units...very long indeed! I have a set by Berlitz. I have a few computer programs that are very helpful like A+ Italian, Italian Before You Know It(Transparent Language, and my favorite) and a few others. I also have mainly books like Italian for Dummies, THe Idiots Guide to Itlian, and Barons Learning Italian Fun and Easy. Plus the all important Italian/English Dictionary...which everyone should have!
Well, I need o go get ready for another day.
Ciao!
Ed