Ciao a tutti -- Mindy e Melissa

Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
michelangelo

Ciao a tutti -- Mindy e Melissa

Post by michelangelo » Tue May 10, 2005 5:35 pm

Mi chiamo Rex. Mi dispiace se il mio italiano e non buona. Sono un principiante. Sono di Fremont, Ca. Fremont è tra San Francisco e San Jose. Ma, è più vicino a San Jose.

That is what I remember most about introducing myself in Italian... also some other simple basic stuff. I love the language. I took Italian 1 in Italingua Institute in San Francisco. La mia professoressa è (was) Gianna. Ma, io so professoressa Valeria, Pia e Angelita. I haven't taken Italian 2 yet, but I will sometime soon. The reason why I started to like Italian was because I heard an Italian song, Mi Rubi L'anima by Laura Pausini... to make a long story short, I wanted to learn Italian because I wanted to know what she was saying... but now I have multiple Italian songs and I cannot stop listening to them. The latest songs I've been listening to lately are also from Laura Pausini's latest CD, Resta In Ascolto... they're all great, but my favorites are Dove l'aria è polvere e Amare veramente. The more I listen to them all, the more I like them. I also like other singers like Paola e Chiara, Giorgia and of course Andrea Bocelli. I saw Andrea when he was here last year in Oakland. I was in the 6th row center aisle. It was an unforgettable night. Anyway, in April 2004, I came back from Italy loving every minute of it. The people were great, its food, its historic places, its heavenly coasts, its architecture, etc. etc. etc... what else can I say that hasn't been said before. I'm ready to go back. Although I still listen to Italian songs, I've put off studying Italian until now -- I'm currently reading and studying on my own, a few minutes here and there...

Melissa, I've met you before and we've exchanged e-mails a few times. E Mindy, piacere.

Arrivederla,
Michaelangelo

Mindy

Post by Mindy » Tue May 10, 2005 10:28 pm

Ciao Rex, e benvenuto alla Bacheca! :D

What I love most about Laura Pausini is that her voice is so crisp and clear that it is easy to understand the lyrics she sings. I really enjoy Andrea Bocelli and Eros Ramazzotti for the same reason.

When you went to Italy last year, where did you visit? Do you have Italian relatives (here or there)? You mention that you are studying Italian a few minutes here and there.....what language system are you using? Do you listen to cassettes/cds?

Saro' contenta di conoscerti meglio. A presto! 8)

--Mindy

michelangelo

Ciao Mindy, thanks for welcoming me

Post by michelangelo » Wed May 11, 2005 12:10 am

Ciao Mindy,

You must listen to her latest CD, é benissimo... I wanted to go to her concert last month in Los Angeles, but I couldn't make it and I don't know if she was going to sing more in Spanish or Italian. I sure would like to see her concert in Italy though.

Il mio viaggio in Italia - I went to Roma, The Amalfi Coast (Pompeii, Sorrento, Capri), Asisi, Ravenna, Venezia, Burano, Verona, Milano, The Italian Lakes (Lugano, Como, Maggiore), Sienna, Pisa, Firenze, e poi Roma ancora. I don't have any relatives there, but a friend of mine from high school, her sister now lives in Torino. She married an Italian man and they own a vineyard there. I might get invited there next summer and I can't wait for that to happen. If that doesn't happen I'm planning on going there in the spring time next year.

Come si dice, "I went to" in Italiano?

I miei libri -
Prego 5th edition
Learn Italian - The Fast and Fun Way

CDs - Speak Italian with Michel Thomas
Pimsleur - Quick & Simple Italian (I just got this one).

If you think there are better books or cds out there for me, please don't hesitate to recommend them. I still think of myself as a beginner.

A piu tardi,
Michaelangelo

stefano1982

Post by stefano1982 » Wed May 11, 2005 11:28 am

I went to = andai a/in - sono andato a/in
the preposition changes according to what follows.
Andai is passato remoto,sono andato is passato prossimo.
ciao ciao
stefano

disegno

Post by disegno » Wed May 11, 2005 4:57 pm

Ciao Rex, sono contenta di vederti qui. Mi piacciono anche i canzoni di Laura Pausini. Quando ho cominciato ad imparare la lingua qualche anno fa, ho ascoltato i canzoni di Pausini. Era molto contenta di capire le parole! Spero che tutto vada bene! Ciao Melissa

michelangelo

Mindy, disegno, stefano1982

Post by michelangelo » Wed May 11, 2005 11:31 pm

Mindy,

Che lei racommanda di italiani libri? I hope that I wrote this correctly.

-------------------

disegno,

It is good to see you here too. The last time I talked to you I was telling you that I was going to Italy and that was last year.

------------------

stefano1982,

grazie for your help. i'm looking forward to learning from all of you.

CIAO A TUTTI,
michaelangelo