Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
Lyn Heffernan

Post by Lyn Heffernan » Fri May 27, 2005 8:18 am

Hi my name is Lyn and I live in Cape Town, South Africa. I am 54 years old and work as a PA to the Financial Director of a very large fishing group, mainly exporting around the world.

My husband has a new and used furniture shop called Needful Things.

I have been studying Italian for 8 months at the Dante Alighiere Society and am loving every moment of it - although its not always easy!

I joined the site a couple of days ago and was very excited to hear from Mindy this morning.

I have visited Italy on a couple of occassions and it is my goal to return again one day in the not too distant future.

I lived in the UK from '96-01 and enjoyed the experience very much.

Kind regards
Lyn

Kind regards

Mindy

Post by Mindy » Sat May 28, 2005 2:54 am

Ciao Lyn, e benvenuta alla Bacheca! :D

What is Cape Town like? When I was living in Italy I met some of the lovliest people from South Africa there.

So, why are you studying Italian? Do you have Italian roots? Where in Italy have you visited? Where would you like to return?

Okay, enough questions for now! :roll: :) Looking forward to getting to know you better. La prossima volta, cerca di scrivere in italiano!

A presto,
Mindy

disegno

Post by disegno » Sat May 28, 2005 4:43 am

Ciao, come va? Quale sono le cose che ti piacciono di Cape Town? Non ci sono mai andata. Magari un giorno! Abito vicino a San Francisco. Ho tre figli, un marito, quattro pesci e un computer - da cui non sono mai lontano! (voglio dire non sono mai lontano dal computer! Lavoro sul computer e trovo divertimento sul computer, come imparare Italiano e scrivere in questo gruppo.) è bello di incontrare le altre persone da ogni angolo del mondo tramite l'internet. Spero di sentirti ancora. Ciao! Melissa

Peter

Re: New Member

Post by Peter » Sat May 28, 2005 9:29 pm

Lyn Heffernan wrote:I lived in the UK from '96-01 and enjoyed the experience very much.
Ciao Lyn

Dove nell'UK hai abitato? Sono di Horsham, West Sussex, e ho incontrato un numero dei sudafricani, principalmente i veterinari.

Benvenuta al forum

Angel

Post by Angel » Sun May 29, 2005 6:12 pm

Ciao Lyn e benvenuta!!!

Se non mi sbaglio, penso che ho conosciuto un mio collega che ha lavorato a Cape Town.

Io non ho molto tempo studiando l'italiano, ma certamente questo sito è molto utile.

Semplicemente cercare di scrivere qui qualcosa in italiano e di molto aiuto.

Alla prossima,

Angel