Ciao da Florida

Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
JeanK

Ciao da Florida

Post by JeanK » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:24 am

Ciao a tutti.

Io mi chiamo Jean, e sono nuova qui.

Ho studiato l'Italiano per una settimana, al Rosetta Stone.

Che cosa e' il migliore metodo per comminciare a imparare l'italiano nel questo forum?

---

What I was trying to say is:

Hello everyone.

My name is Jean, and I'm new here.

I've been studying Italian for one week, using Rosetta Stone.

What is the best way to start learning Italian in this forum?

---

Hope I was at least close? :) If not, please feel free to correct me..

Thank you.

umberto

Post by umberto » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Ciao,

benvenuta. If you’re a beginner, your Italian is good! The best way to learn? I don’t know: everybody’s got their own way. Apart from this forum, I suggest you to start from the phonetics: I guess you’re going to find it very, very easy!!!

Ciao a tutti.

Io mi chiamo Jean, e sono nuova qui.

mi chiamo Jean, e sono nuova qui

Ho studiato l'Italiano per una settimana, al Rosetta Stone.

Studio l’italiano da una settimana usando Rosetta Stone

Che cosa e' il migliore metodo per comminciare a imparare l'italiano nel questo forum?

Qual è il metodo migliore per cominciare a imparare l’italiano in questo forum?

Peter

Post by Peter » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:30 pm

Ciao Jean e benvenuta

I would suggest that you read the Vocab and Lezioni Gratuite sections. I think you'll learn a lot.

Umberto is right in saying that everyone has their own way. For example, I have ever been any good at self-teaching and needed the inter-reaction that an evening class provides.

There are thousands of websites that cover the Italian language. It may be an idea to have a look at some. One that I refer to fairly often is: http://www.gwc.org.uk/ModernLang/hotpot ... Index.html. GWC stands for George Watson College, which is in Edinburgh, Scotland. There are also verb conjugation sites (eg Logos - http://www.logosconjugator.org/vlist.ph ... EN&vn=6841) and online dictionaries such as Garzanti (http://www.garzantilinguistica.it/).

The trick is to find something with which you will feel comfortable, thus enabling you to enjoy learning this beautiful language.

And of course, do not be afraid to ask questions, no matter how trivial they may seem to you. Don't forget, all we non-Italians have been where you are; we all had to start somewhere. :D

mariaspanish

Post by mariaspanish » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:10 pm

ciao! io sono principiante anche, querrei parlare conmico por msn o facebook?