Ciao a tutti

Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
Angel

Re: Welcome/ Benvenuto Anthony!!

Post by Angel » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:37 am

Artrella wrote:Angel, si si ho bisogno di un po' d'aiuto con le valiggie... vieni? ....hee hee... :wink:

Ci vediamo a Londra!
Mamma mia, parto subito!!!!!

26 giorni!!!!

Posso dirti come dici Vasco Rosi: ...ti prendo e ti porto via!!!!

Buon viaggio!!!!

Angel

Peter

Post by Peter » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:40 pm

Rainbow wrote:I do feel that I have left things a little late. I do wonder if I will ever feel confident with the language, but I am determined to enjoy the experience. Was your GCSE in Italian?
Hi Anthony

Well, if I tell you that there was a gentleman aged 72 in the class last year, who also got an A*... and yes, it was Italian GCSE. I've now started the AS course, although I don't intend taking the exam.

Peter

Rainbow

Post by Rainbow » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:39 pm

Peter wrote:Hi Anthony

Well, if I tell you that there was a gentleman aged 72 in the class last year, who also got an A*... and yes, it was Italian GCSE. I've now started the AS course, although I don't intend taking the exam.

Peter
I am very impressed with people who achieve such a lot later in life. I know that many have more time than the younger ones, but it must be difficult trying to concentrate on study when you are good age. Thanks for the encouragements. It makes me even more determined to 'have a go'.

Anthony.

TrentinaNE

Post by TrentinaNE » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:39 pm

Anthony,

Have you tried eBay for used Pimsleur CDs/tapes? I've seen some sets listed there. Having studied Italian before, I chose to start with Level II of the Pimsleur series earlier this year. I am now about 60% of the way through Level III. (Each has 30 half-hour lessons.) Much of the material is review for me, but it's a great way to practice correct sentence construction. My relatives were impressed by how much better I spoke Italian when I visited them in August compared to my last visit 4 years ago. :D

Benvenuto a Impariamo.com!

Elisabetta

Rainbow

Thank you Elisabetta.

Post by Rainbow » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:50 pm

Thank you Elisabetta for the suggestion. Unfortunately the cost is a little too high for me.

I have just purchased the first course of Ultimate Italian from the Living Language series. I have only looked at the first lesson so far, but I like the look of the product a lot and am hoping that it will give a good beginners look at the language.

Thank you for your help.

Anthony.

disegno

Post by disegno » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:28 pm

I have just purchased the first course of Ultimate Italian from the Living Language series
Benvenuto Rainbow. Go for it! When I decided to begin seriously studying the language six years ago, I ran right out to the book store and purchased the Living Language series.

But, I have to tell you that was just the beginning (I can say that after many, many grammar books, magazines, audio tapes, movies, television, music, internet chat groups later!!!! 8) ) There are so many ways to study a language...you simply have to treat language learning like a graduate program. The difference is that, instead of teachers spoon feeding you material as they do in highschool and college, in graduate school they say instead..."there is no reading assigned, but, over there is the library (and beyond that, the world)...go out and find your answers!"

Sono contenta di averti qui con noi! Let the learning begin!

Rainbow

Post by Rainbow » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:14 pm

disegno wrote:There are so many ways to study a language...you simply have to treat language learning like a graduate program. The difference is that, instead of teachers spoon feeding you material as they do in highschool and college, in graduate school they say instead..."there is no reading assigned, but, over there is the library (and beyond that, the world)...go out and find your answers!"
That's seems a brilliant way to put it designo. It is quite an exciting task to look forward to. I have already begun to say a few phrases in Italian to friends I know and our friendship has deepened quite considerably as a result.

One thing I would like to ask, is it possible to ask questions in one of the threads if I get really stuck with something? It would help if it were possible.

Anyway, it is lovely to be here and meet up with you people.

Anthony.
Last edited by Rainbow on Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carlo

Post by Carlo » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:32 pm

Rainbow wrote: One thing I would like to ask, is it possible to ask questions in one of the threads if I get really stuck with something? It would help if it were possible.

Anyway, it is lovely to be here and meet up with you people.

Anthony.
Anthony

Funny you should ask. I only joined recently and I was complaining that it's a shame there should be so many members who just don't post. At first I thought it was because there weren't many native speakers answering queries. But Elisa, Alfry and I joined more or less at the same time. We're good friends from another forum(where we don't feel as free as here - but then Mindy è una persona speciale) and all three of us enjoy helping with usage, grammar, vocabulary. Please feel free to ask even the most elementary question. We all went through it when we were learning English so we know how hard it can be.

ciao

Carlo

disegno

Post by disegno » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:34 pm

One thing I would like to ask, is it possible to ask questions in one of the threads if I get really stuck with something? It would help if it were possible.
That is what we are here for! We are all learning together. If you have a question, I am sure someone else is wondering about the same thing and just hasn't bothered to post, so ask away. We can all benefit from questions asked!

You can post in the grammar section or the "how do you say this" (come si dice) section...but then again, we are pretty lax and not very strict so you can pose a questions just about anywhere on this forum and you will find an active participants...grammar questions delightfully turn into small talk if you progress far enough down the threads! We digress a lot as the thread trails along....! But, that is half the fun! :D

Rainbow

Post by Rainbow » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:30 pm

moodywop wrote:Anthony

Please feel free to ask even the most elementary question. We all went through it when we were learning English so we know how hard it can be.

ciao

Carlo
That's a great help Carlo. I don't want to bore people with silly questions, but it will be a great help to get certain things sorted out in my mind.

Thankyou,

Anthony.

Rainbow

Post by Rainbow » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:33 pm

disegno wrote:
Rainbow wrote:One thing I would like to ask, is it possible to ask questions in one of the threads if I get really stuck with something? It would help if it were possible.
That is what we are here for! We are all learning together. If you have a question, I am sure someone else is wondering about the same thing and just hasn't bothered to post, so ask away. We can all benefit from questions asked!
I am so relieved. It is difficult for beginners to ask questions knowing that it will look daft to someone else, but it sure will help me. I'd better head on over to the grammar section straight away :oops: .

Anthony.

Angel

Post by Angel » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:03 pm

Ciao Anthony, tutto a posto?

Remember that even the most basic questions could help others too.

I can suggest you to start writing anything in Italian (starting with simple sentences). It is a big challenge and it really helps you to learn more; now, do not get frustrated when you do not know how to say (write) something, try to find it on your own or simply ask us.

A presto,

Angel

jeffNotInphilly

Post by jeffNotInphilly » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:02 am

Sono d'accordo...non preoccuparti Anthony, faccio abbastanza sbagli per tutti! (I agree, don't worry Anthony, I make enough mistakes for everyone!)

Allora, Anthony: Di dove sei? Dove abiti? Ti piace viaggare all'estero?

jeff
I make many mistakes! Feel free to correct my italian!!