Ciao a tutti

Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
Trish

Ciao a tutti

Post by Trish »

Ciao a tutti. Mi chiama Patricia (Trish). Parlo italiano ma molto semplice - not ho parlato la lingua per tante anni
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

Ciao Trish, e benvenuta! :)

Don't worry that your italian isn't at a high level yet, we all have to start somewhere! :D Siamo qui per aiutarti. :)
без тебя я не я. нас никогда не догонят! я тебя люблю.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Ciao Trish e benvenuta ad Impariamo. :D

I agree with la Tazzina! You have come to a good place and we have a number of really great native Italians who help us along, even those like me who have been learning the language for several years! :) So, don't be afraid to ask questions.
umberto

Post by umberto »

Ciao Trish,

qui non ci sono né pagelle né voti, quindi benvenuta, qualunque sia il tuo livello!!! :D :D
Trish

Post by Trish »

Grazie a tutti - sono molto contenta sapere che ci sono tante gente come me. No ho imperato come respondere individually ma sone securo qualcuno will tell me how!!!! Mi piacerebbe improvate come parlo and capisco italiano. Abitato in Italia due occasione ma tante anni fa. I look forward to hearing more from you and some instruction on this site if possible - A piu tardi
Trish
Peter

Post by Peter »

Trish wrote:Grazie a tutti - sono molto contenta sapere che ci sono tanta gente (1) come me. No ho imperato (2) come respondere individually personalmente (3) ma sono sicura qualcuno will tell me how mi dirrà come farlo!!!! Mi piacerebbe improvate migliorare (4) come parlo and capisco italiano. Abitato in Italia due occasione volte (5) ma tante anni fa. I look forward to hearing more from you and some instruction on this site if possible (Non vedo l’ora di sentire più da voi e dell’istruzione su questo site, se possibile 6) - A piu tardi
Trish
Ciao Trish, ho fatto alcune correzioni – penso che uno o due sbagli sono i typo!

1 Gente is singular, although it means ‘people’; therefore you must use tanta, not tante.

2 I would use scoprire (to discover) here – non ho scoperto. To me it seems more appropriate than imperare.

Actually, if you want to respond to a specific message, just click on Quote at the top right hand corner of that message. You will see the code used to start and end the quote, which is helpful if you want to separate the message, eg there may be two or more separate points you wish to respond to. Click on Preview and you will see the message in a box, like yours that appears at the head of this one.

3 A choice between individualmente, personalmente and singolarmente – I would go with personalmente. I feel singolarmente is used when you mean one at a time, or singly, which I don’t think is the case here.

4 To improve is migliorare; there is no Italian verb improvare. Also, you need to use the infinitive with verbs like piacere in sentences such as this one.

5 I don’t think you would use occasione here. It is more normal to use volta.

6 This is my translation of your last sentence, subject to correction by any of our Italian friends!! :)

Despite this, and it is not much, complimenti sul tuo italiano! :D
Trish

Post by Trish »

Grazie tanto Peter nella bella Sussex. I used to visit Bepton and Midhurst often when I was still in England. Fond memories
ciao per adesso
Trish
Massimo

Post by Massimo »

Ciao Trish, and welcome to the forum. As you could see, everybody here is willing to help.
Tell us a bit more about yourself: where do you live now? And how did you come to study Italian?
Massimo

Want to learn or practice and improve your Italian? Visit : http://www.learnitalian.at.vu