Ciao

Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
Luca92

Ciao

Post by Luca92 »

Just popped in to say ciao :-) Ho been learning Italian per circa sei settimane. Ho molta famiglia da Italia but ho never shown an interest in learning la lingua as a youngster. Ho dieciotto anni e I spend molto tempo su treni because of work which is where i will be doing most of my studying.

My italian vocabulary is very limited so I've tried my best to use as much as possible in that paragraph without looking anything up. 6 weeks ago I wouldn't have been able to use 10% of those words though so progress is being made! :lol:

Grazie
Peter

Post by Peter »

ciao Luca92 e benvenuto ad Impariamo.

It is great that you are learning Italian, but I have to ask: how are you learning? Obviously we are here to help as much as we can, and there are a number of really great native Italians who take the time to explain Italian grammar etc. However, you really need to have some structured method of learning, eg an evening course at a local college, or one of the numerous courses one can use to teach oneself.

Whatever, if you have any questions feel free to ask. What I would say, though, is try to do as much as you can yourself, then, if you are really stumped, fire away! :) Too often people come here and ask questions without even trying to help themselves, which does them no good whatsoever. So, have a stab at something, then if you need help, shout! :)

Have a good read of the Lezioni e Grammatica and Vocab sections; these should help you enormously. :)
Luca92

Post by Luca92 »

Hi peter, sorry for the late reply and thanks for yours :D

My method of learning at the minute is with an Italian dictionary and a grammar book. I have just come back from 2 weeks in Italy aswell where i picked up alot of vocabulary and family helped me grasp basic concepts.

I've also just signed up for a 24 weeks Italian improvers course at a local college. There were 4 levels(complete beginners, improvers, intermediate and advanced). I felt i have a basic understanding so opted for the improvers, figuring I would make more progress going at a slightly higher level and catching up on what I don't know rather than going over things I already know.

My dad tries to help but he has lived in England for about 25 years and I think he doesn't feel confident enough to teach me. It's handy to have someone around to clarify things that are unclear and test myself with.

Thanks for the suggestion aswell :)