Welcome to the "Come si dice in inglese" section!

This section is dedicated to Italians who wish to improve their English skills. Aiutiamoci a vicenda!
User avatar
Mindy
Posts: 766
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:08 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Welcome to the "Come si dice in inglese" section!

Postby Mindy » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:51 pm

Based on an idea from Melissa (aka disegno) and feedback I received from many of you, I am opening this new section for our native Italian speaking members who wish to improve their English language skills. You have helped so many of us improve our Italian, so I hope this will be a way for us native English speakers to reciprocate! Feel free to post questions in English or Italian, or open a thread to just chat in English if you'd like.

Enjoy! :D

--Mindy

rcuchel
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Postby rcuchel » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:09 am

Ciao, Mindy. Mi chiamo Rick, e ho insegnato l'inglese in liceo per 33 anni. Sono in pensione, e sarei contento per aiutare qualsiasi persona che ha bisogno. Studio l'italiano solamente da tre anni, dunque, anch'io ho bisogno aiuto! Spero che posiamo aiutarci. Rick.

User avatar
Astridis
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:47 pm
Location: Italy, Sicily

Postby Astridis » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:04 am

Un grazie a Melissa per l'idea ed ovviamente a Mindy per la realizzazione!!!

Questa sezione del sito era sfuggita alla mia attenzione e devo dire che la trovo veramente indispensabile per noi native Italian speaking :D

Thank's so much

Angela

Roby
Posts: 3850
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:06 pm

Postby Roby » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:39 am

Mindy and Melissa,

Great idea to have this section. Sorry that I have been away so long, but my pc died and I must buy a new one. I have had a very busy summer as well. Melissa, how do you like this heat? I am at my cousin's right now. Here at 6pm it was 104 degrees. They live just outside the San Diego County line.
I hope that the two of you are doing well.
Great work, keep it up! :D
Roby

User avatar
disegno
Posts: 1429
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:54 pm
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Postby disegno » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:21 am

Ciao Roby, I am doing well. It is incredibily HOT here in the San Francisco area too. They keep promising that cool weather is on the way, but so far, we have had no relief. It is so hot that I think we could probably cook an egg on the side walk! :shock: Keep cool! 8)
Chi canta a tavola e fischia a letto e' matto perfetto.

Roby
Posts: 3850
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:06 pm

Postby Roby » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:50 pm

disegno wrote:Ciao Roby, I am doing well. It is incredibily HOT here in the San Francisco area too. They keep promising that cool weather is on the way, but so far, we have had no relief. It is so hot that I think we could probably cook an egg on the side walk! :shock: Keep cool! 8)


Ciao Melissa,

Qui fa caldo tremendo. Ti ho scritto una e-mail @ yahoo. Ci credo dell'uovo. :lol: Mantenere fresco oppure stare fresco. Beve tanta acqua!
Aspetto tue notizie...
Roby 8)

Roby
Posts: 3850
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:06 pm

Postby Roby » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:54 pm

Astridis wrote:Un grazie a Melissa per l'idea ed ovviamente a Mindy per la realizzazione!!!

Questa sezione del sito era sfuggita alla mia attenzione e devo dire che la trovo veramente indispensabile per noi native Italian speaking :D

Thank's so much

Angela


Hi Angela,

Here is a little correction.. THANK'S SO MUCH should be THANKS SO MUCH without the ' .
Roby

User avatar
TeneroIppo
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:00 am
Location: Italy
Contact:

Postby TeneroIppo » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:21 pm

Ottima idea, davvero.
Grazie
Ciao

scaredprincess
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:39 pm
Location: Roma
Contact:

grazie mille

Postby scaredprincess » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:15 am

stavo aspettando questa opportunità da molto! studio inglese da una vita, ma non ho mai modo di praticarlo qui in Italia e da sola mi annoio...
Spero di riuscire a seguirvi e magari di conoscervi!
Bye for now,
moncsi.

Roby
Posts: 3850
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:06 pm

Re: grazie mille

Postby Roby » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:02 pm

scaredprincess wrote:stavo aspettando questa opportunità da molto! studio inglese da una vita, ma non ho mai modo di praticarlo qui in Italia e da sola mi annoio...
Spero di riuscire a seguirvi e magari di conoscervi!
Bye for now,
moncsi.


Monica ,

Welcome again to the forum. If you have any English grammar or any English related questions, please post them here and someone will be happy to respond to your question. We are a friendly bunch.
We all wait your posts.
Roby

Valmelaverde
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:31 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Postby Valmelaverde » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:54 pm

Nei forum in cui io " post " trovo molto spesso la parola Thread, che controllando nel mio vocabolario da' il significato di " filo "......ma nel forum cosa c' entra il filo ? Could you help me, please ? Thank you :)

Roby
Posts: 3850
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:06 pm

Postby Roby » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:33 pm

Valmelaverde wrote:Nei forum in cui io " post " trovo molto spesso la parola Thread, che controllando nel mio vocabolario da' il significato di " filo "......ma nel forum cosa c' entra il filo ? Could you help me, please ? Thank you :)


Valentina,

Thread sta per discussione, Post per il singolo intervento. In sostanza tanti Post costituiscono un Thread . In inglese, thread è la catena composta dei posts
Roby

Valmelaverde
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:31 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Postby Valmelaverde » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:12 pm

Thank for your help, Roby......you were very exhaustive ! ( ho scritto correttamente ? )
:wink:


Valentina

Roby
Posts: 3850
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:06 pm

Postby Roby » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:51 pm

Valmelaverde wrote:Thank for your help, Roby......you were very exhaustive ! ( ho scritto correttamente ? )
:wink:


Valentina


It is better to say: You were very thorough.

Roby


Return to “Come si dice in inglese?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest