ciao

Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
doncarter

ciao

Post by doncarter » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:35 pm

ciao, i apologise for my first post to be in English but i am very new to learning italian and feel im not that confident to start straight away. i would be extremely grateful for anyone that would like to reply and hopefully aide me in learning italian, perhaps by talking to each other through email or on here, and just some friendly advice.i believe the only way i am going to grasp the language is by speaking to people in italian please reply to the post or you can email me on markcarter92@hotmail.com
sincerely Mark 21 from England

giasone

Post by giasone » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:50 pm

Buona sera Mark!

Benvenuto da parte mia - welcome from me, an expression I learned from this forum just the other day :-) There are a good few of us here in England.

Everyone is so very helpful and friendly, it's a great place to learn. Everyone here knows how easy it is to mangle the language and just eases you back on track so it doesn't matter in the slightest if you make a total mess of it.

Imparo italiano da circa sei mesi, e ho trovato questo "forum" alcune settimane fa. - I'm trying to say "I've been learning Italian for around six months and I found this forum several weeks ago". Take care not to pay too much attention to my attempts at Italian as I'm only just starting out too so it may not be accurate :-)

Are you learning by yourself or going to a course?

Once again, Welcome!

Jason
Please feel free to correct any rubbish

doncarter

grazie

Post by doncarter » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:53 pm

bounaserra jason, thanks for the reply to my post, at the moment im learning by myself, i have a few books etc one in particular which is quite good but i know that itl be alot easier and quicker if im getting a constent lesson almost my chatting to people in italian, at the moment im too basic to have any real conversations but im hoping to get there, yea ive noticed alot of english are on here, which makes it easier obviously to talk and get a point across, hows your learning going? has this site really helped? wat do u use to learn? all the best mark

Roby

Post by Roby » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:00 am

Benvenuto Mark al forum.... Welcome to the forum Mark
Roby
"Per raro che sia, il vero amore e' meno raro della vera amicizia."

"As rare as true love is, it is not as rare as true friendship."
- François de La Rochefoucauld

giuseppe

Post by giuseppe » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:07 am

Ciao Mark, good luck with the language, after all it's not too hard if you are motivated. Are you of Italian descent?
My candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends
It gives a lovely light.

Peter

Post by Peter » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:23 pm

Ciao Mark and welcome to Impariamo. As you can see I'm another of the English fraternity here.

I agree entirely with what Jason said. Never be afraid to ask questions, even if you think they are silly - for want of a better word. All we non-Italians have been where you are now, so we do appreciate how it can be for you. But hang on in there, Mark - find an evening class that you could attend. The interaction between the class members and with the teacher - if he or she is a good one - will be of great benefit to you.

Good luck (or as the Italians would say, in bocca al lupo)

Devee

Post by Devee » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:37 pm

Buon Giorno Mark. The boards are great and everyone is extreamly nice.

A presto.

-Dustin

Carlo

Post by Carlo » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:31 pm

Ciao Mark and welcome. We already talked briefly on Shoutbox last night. Please feel free to ask any questions about usage in the Vocabolario e Grammatica section.