Need help with English to Italian sentence

Have a question about Italian grammar? Need a quick translation from Italian to English or vice versa? Post it here!
ihunter2020

Need help with English to Italian sentence

Post by ihunter2020 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi,

I could really use some help translating the following English sentence into Italian:

Pre-event information received in the mail from the event organizer

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Quintus

Re: Need help with English to Italian sentence

Post by Quintus » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:17 pm

ihunter2020 wrote:Hi,

I could really use some help translating the following English sentence into Italian:

Pre-event information received in the mail from the event organizer

Thank you for any help you can offer!
Informazione pre-evento ricevuta nella posta spedita dall'organizzatore (dell'evento)
[lit.: pre-event information received in the mail sent from the organizer]

- Most of times we use the plural of "informazione", except when we get just one information (one news, notation, remark only). If this is your case, then

Informazioni pre-evento ricevute nella posta spedita dall'organizzatore (dell'evento)

- We tend to avoid repetitions, so I put "dell'evento" in brackets. You may want to drop it, or alternatively use the event name or a descriptor, e.g.

Informazioni pre-evento ricevute nella posta spedita dall'organizzatore della riunione
[lit.: pre-event informations received in the mail sent from the organizer of the meeting]

Hope this helps

Franco

-Luca-

Post by -Luca- » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Ecco una mia variante da unirsi a quelle già ottime di Quintus :

Informazioni preliminari sull'evento ricevute nella posta spedita dall'organizzatore
Italians don't know what Caesar salad is !!

Quintus

Post by Quintus » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:48 pm

-Luca- wrote:Ecco una mia variante da unirsi a quelle già ottime di Quintus :

Informazioni preliminari sull'evento ricevute nella posta spedita dall'organizzatore
I agree with Luca. Honestly, although pre-evento is commonly used, the translation by Luca is more elegant, and I'd recommend to use it:

Franco