Zecchino d'Oro

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
Ember

Zecchino d'Oro

Post by Ember » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:03 pm

Do you know this children music festival, that has taken place every year since 1959....?

I think it's pretty famous also in other countries because from 1976 the festival has an international perspective, each year seven Italian songs and seven foreign songs are sung by children and voted for by a children's jury. The winning song is rewarded with the Zecchino d'Oro (Golden Sequin) award.

From Wikipedia:

The first two festivals were held in Milan. In 1961, the festival was taken up by the Antoniano Institute and moved to Bologna.

In 1963, Mariele Ventre, a conductor and director of young performers, created the Piccolo Coro dell' Antoniano Children's Choir (called Piccolo Coro "Mariele Ventre" dell' Antoniano after her death, and directed by Sabrina Simoni).

When I was a child, I wanted to sing in the Antoniano choir so badly! :)

Well, I give you the 2005 edition's link: you can hear the songs and also read the subtitles. Children are so cute :) I like "Il pistolero", "Hip Hop Ippopotamo", "Il drago raffreddato", "Il casalingo" (because it's funny) and "inventa una poesia". The favourite foreign song for me is the Bielorussian "Lo zio bè", but the versions in the site doesn't have the foreign language part.

http://www.zecchinodoro.rai.it/
*** homo sum: humani nihil a me alienum puto ***

timLA

Post by timLA » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:53 am

Che bel sito!
Ho trovato anche un buon Wiki con tutto sul premio,
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zecchino_d'Oro_(2005)
Una mucca dice all'altra "Hai letto della "mucca pazza"? L'altra dice "Sì, ho sentito. Che fortuna che io sono un pinguino!