Ciao

Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
yfx116

Ciao

Post by yfx116 »

Ciao Tutti -
Mi chiamo Louis. Io sono Americano. Io capisco l'taliano, ma non bene. I am hoping to learn a few things here.

Does anyone know if there are videos/dvds/cds from Italy that are equivelant to the American TV show Sesame Street? Or other children shows. I was thinking that would be a good way to learn. Start as a child might.

Grazie mille
Louis
Roby

Post by Roby »

Benvenuto Louis! We are glad that you have joined us.

Regarding the dvds, cds, and videos, you can look for cds in Italian at the music store near you--Eros Ramazotti, Andrea Bocelli, etc. For dvds and videos, you have to check Ebay. You need a DVD or VHS player/ recorder, that can play region 2 DVDS and VHS.

You can start by checking out the Italian Resources post under the Vocabulario/Grammatica. There you'll find a list of helpful Italian resources to start with.

Then, take a look at all the free lessons under Lezioni Gratuite. This will also get you started.

If you have any grammar questions, please post them under Vocabulario and Grammatica. Someone will gladly respond to you questions. Everyone here is very helpful and friendly.

Join in any of the conversations when you feel like it. You can write in English or Italian. Don't ever be afraid or embarassed to make mistakes, we all make them. This is how we all learn.

Have you ever been to Italy? Sei mai stato in Italia? Do you have Italian relatives? Hai parenti italiani?

Tell us a little bit about yourself....

Welcome again,
Roby
Massimo

Post by Massimo »

Hi there, and welcome among us, benvenuto tra di noi!
Anything you need to ask, we're here to help :D
Massimo

Want to learn or practice and improve your Italian? Visit : http://www.learnitalian.at.vu
disegno

Post by disegno »

Ciao e benvenuto! Spero di sentirti presto. Melisa
Chi canta a tavola e fischia a letto e' matto perfetto.
yfx116

Post by yfx116 »

Grazie . . . Thanks for the warm welcome. I am of Italian decent. My Dad and Nona speak Italian, but never taught me. I have been to Italy twice. I love it . . . I could move there in a second.
Mindy

Re: Ciao

Post by Mindy »

yfx116 wrote:Ciao Tutti -
Mi chiamo Louis. Io sono Americano. Io capisco l'taliano, ma non bene. I am hoping to learn a few things here.

Does anyone know if there are videos/dvds/cds from Italy that are equivelant to the American TV show Sesame Street? Or other children shows. I was thinking that would be a good way to learn. Start as a child might.

Grazie mille
Louis
Ciao Louis e benvenuto! :D

I don't know if there is an Italian "Sesame Street", but what you could do is buy a multi-region DVD player and purchase Disney movies in Italian from a site like www.internetbookshop.it . I also know that RAI International has some children programming although my kids refuse to watch it....they're too used to the glitzy American kid shows I suppose.
:roll: :lol:

Anyway - it is good to meet you and hope to hear more from you soon!

Mindy