Ciao a tutti!

Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
zero000

Ciao a tutti!

Post by zero000 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:00 pm

Mi chiamo Maria, e sono una ragazza Greca. You ll have to excuse my awful italian and my mixing italian and english, but I ve only started studying italian some weeks ago. Vorrei scrivere un po molto per me, ma non sono sicura che lo riesco. Spero di fare meglio in futuro. :D (Please, feel free to correct my mistakes!)
Last edited by zero000 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ladybird

Post by ladybird » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:08 pm

Ciao Maria e benvenuta :)

Please don't worry about mixing English and Italian, I do it all the time :wink:

It's good to have you with us, feel free to ask whatever you want, someone will always try to help you.

I should mention that sometimes it takes a little while to get a reply because the forum members come from all over the world.

There is often quite a time difference but you will get help, I promise!
Life is for living and learning.

zero000

Post by zero000 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:35 pm

Grazie per il benvenuto ladybird!

I m quite lucky actually, as I am in the same time zone as Italy. Eitherway, I m used to time differences, since I ve been in various international internet communities the past years. What I m worried about is that I m neither an english or an italian native speaker, so you all have to be double patient with me :D

By the way, is anybody learning economical/politic terms (especially those used by goverment authorities) in italian? I m going to need those for an exam I m taking, but I still haven t found a italian dictionary on those fields.

Massimo

Post by Massimo » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:36 pm

Ciao, and welcome to this forum. We're all here to help you, so just feel free to ask! :D
Massimo

Want to learn or practice and improve your Italian? Visit : http://www.learnitalian.at.vu

Rolly

Post by Rolly » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:14 am

Zero000 ??? Certainly nothing to lose, Eh???? :lol:
Go for it ! 8)
Glad to have you with us.
Your Italian seems to be way ahead of my Greek :oops:
---- Ne ammazza più la gola che la spada ------

Nina

Post by Nina » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:12 am

Ciao Maria e benvenuta :P

zero000

Post by zero000 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:22 am

/me waves at everyone.
Rolly wrote:Zero000 ??? Certainly nothing to lose, Eh???? :lol:
Go for it ! 8)
Glad to have you with us.
Your Italian seems to be way ahead of my Greek :oops:
Actually my nick comes from a very old greek movie, where one of my favourite comedians is agent 000 (a parody of agent 007). Se tu hai bisogno di auito in parole grece, auitero con piacere! :)

Peter

Post by Peter » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:35 am

Ciao Maria e benvenuta anche da parte mia.

Il modo migliore di imparare qualcosa è di domandare le questioni. Quindi, come Rolly ha detto, 'go for it'!! :D :D

Rolly

Post by Rolly » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:47 am

zero000 wrote:Se tu hai bisogno di auito in parole grece, auitero con piacere! :)
Euharisto polú, Zero.
Can't write that in Elenikas without the appropriate keyboard. :cry:
---- Ne ammazza più la gola che la spada ------

Twilight

Re: Ciao a tutti!

Post by Twilight » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:02 am

zero000 wrote:Mi chiamo Maria, e sono una ragazza Greca. You ll have to excuse my awful italian and my mixing italian and english, but I ve only started studying italian some weeks ago. Vorrei scrivere un po molto per me, ma non sono sicuro che lo riesco. Spero di fare meglio in futuro. :D (Please, feel free to correct my mistakes!)
miticoooooooooooooo
ciao io sono Claudio!

what part of greece do you live in? I've been in Athens, Ios, Santorini and Mikonos :P
Claudietto

I am learning English every day, so could you help me by correcting (In private, if you want) anything I have written incorrectly.

ILNY - I Love "Not yet"

zero000

Post by zero000 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:19 pm

Whats "mitico"?

( i ll try answering that in italian, any corrections are more than wellcome)
La casa dei miei genitori e in Crete, ma mi hai traslocato ad Atena cinque anni fa, per motivi di studio. E un diverso modo di vita, ma abitare da solo e una grande esperienza.

Che cosa pensi di Atena? Hai piacuto qui?

(What I ve been trying to say is: "My parent's house is in Crete, but I moved to Athens five years ago to study. The way of life is different, but living on your own is a great experence. What do you think of Athens? Did you like it here?)

Ember

Post by Ember » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:41 pm

Ciao!

I've been in Greece many times, I love it ;) I've been in Athina, Thessaloniki, Rodos, Naxos, Elafonissos, Lefkada, Penisola Calcidica, Vergina, Meteora, Delphoi, Kammena Vourla... :D

I studied ancient Greek at school and now I'm trying to learn modern Greek, will you help me? ;)
*** homo sum: humani nihil a me alienum puto ***

zero000

Post by zero000 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:51 pm

I ll definatelly help you, especially since you ve been in places whose names I cannt recognise :oops: (I m googling Penisola right now :lol: ).
Just ask away :D Modern or ancient greek I think I can help in both. I had to study ancient greek for my university entrance exams, and althought I ve forgotten the most, I used to be very good at it.

Ember

Post by Ember » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:55 pm

I don't know how to translate Penisola calcidica... halkidiki? :D anyway, Kassandra, Sitonia... you know?

Well, my main problem is to write Greek in Latin letters (I mean in the forum) eheh! Are there any rules?

Then, I could write you something in your language but I'm sure I'll make lots of mistakes :P
*** homo sum: humani nihil a me alienum puto ***

zero000

Post by zero000 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:49 pm

Wow, Halkidiki! That sounds naughty :P

Well, I cannt really write greek in latin letters too... There is a very scientific way to do that (phonetics, phonologics, something like that) but I m very bad at it. You can download greek fonts if youre really into learning the language. The best rules I can come up with is to write things as they sound. And there is no way you d make more mistakes than what I do when typing either in english or in italian :oops: