help me translating this

This section is dedicated to Italians who wish to improve their English skills. Aiutiamoci a vicenda!
marcopolo

help me translating this

Post by marcopolo »

Hi! I'm translating some instructions for use... I'll need your help for checking what I'll write... can I count upon you?

the first problem is this sentence:

the Italian source text is:

"conservare il certificato di conformità della vasca e il manuale di istruzioni, accertarsi che il personale che utilizza il veicolo abbia letto e ricordi le istruzioni e le norme di sicurezza"

"Keep the tank’s CERTIFICATO DI CONFORMITA’ and the instructions for use, make sure the personnel using the vehicle have read and remember both the istructions than the precautionary measures"

can onyone of you then suggest me a good English technical vocabulary on line? thanks in advance to everyone
Roby

Re: help me translating this

Post by Roby »

marcopolo wrote:Hi! I'm translating some instructions for use... I'll need your help for checking what I'll write... can I count upon you?

the first problem is this sentence:

the Italian source text is:

"conservare il certificato di conformità della vasca e il manuale di istruzioni, accertarsi che il personale che utilizza il veicolo abbia letto e ricordi le istruzioni e le norme di sicurezza"

"Keep the tank’s CERTIFICATO DI CONFORMITA’ and the instructions for use, make sure the personnel using the vehicle have read and remember both the istructions than the precautionary measures"

can onyone of you then suggest me a good English technical vocabulary on line? thanks in advance to everyone
CERTIFICATO DI CONFORMITA’ -Declaration of conformity
Roby
"Per raro che sia, il vero amore e' meno raro della vera amicizia."

"As rare as true love is, it is not as rare as true friendship."
- François de La Rochefoucauld
marcopolo

Post by marcopolo »

thanks... I found also "Conformity Certificate"... is there any difference?
Peter

Re: help me translating this

Post by Peter »

marcopolo wrote: can onyone of you then suggest me a good English technical vocabulary on line? thanks in advance to everyone
I don't know if this link is of any use, Marco: http://www.yourdictionary.com/diction4.html

It seems to be a portal for any number of dictionaries.
marcopolo

Post by marcopolo »

thanks Peter... it looks great... I'll have a look !!!

ps. My name is Matia... marcopolo is just the nickname I've chosen... have you ever heard of Marco Polo? He was a famous Italian trader and explorer who was born in Venice in 1254...
Carlo

Post by Carlo »

Hi Matia

It should be "both the instructions and...", not "than".

Also, what about "safety guidelines" for "norme di sicurezza"?