Need italian language expert! - To translate a site from ENG

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
hollisterbay

Need italian language expert! - To translate a site from ENG

Post by hollisterbay »

Hi there people,

My italian language is very basic - I just know all the swear words and how to pull a girl..possibly..haha

I go to Udine a lot as a tourist. I'm from London.

Ok so I'm planning a business - a summer school project for teenagers from Europe. I need some help as my website I wish to translate into italian. There is roughly 11 pages.

Is there anyone here willing to offer their services?

Obviously I would require that you are italian to get the real grammer and feeling.

Thanks
Roby

Post by Roby »

Hello,

I am sure someone here can help you. There are 11 pages? Carlo, forumuser, Giuseppe Ember, Twilight and any other NIS would you be willing to help this gentleman? He is asking for a Native Italian Speaker. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Roby
"Per raro che sia, il vero amore e' meno raro della vera amicizia."

"As rare as true love is, it is not as rare as true friendship."
- François de La Rochefoucauld
hollisterbay

Post by hollisterbay »

Thank you Roby for that -

Yes I need some help - whoever decideds to steup, I'll show you the site which is in english right now.

Obviously then I'll show you all the site too :)

Grazie!
Devery

Post by Devery »

Add this to your site :
http://www.altavista.com/help/free/free ... box_transl
It will not be 100% but it seems a better choice than to ask someone to translate 11 pages (unless of course some pay is involved :wink: ).
hollisterbay

Post by hollisterbay »

No chance - altavista is shit...I've tried that before. The grammer is terrible...its a computer output system after all.

Yes there owuld be some pay involved...if the person has paypal it would make it really easy for me to transfer funds.
Devery

Post by Devery »

hollisterbay wrote:No chance - altavista is shit...I've tried that before. The grammer is terrible...its a computer output system after all.

Yes there owuld be some pay involved...if the person has paypal it would make it really easy for me to transfer funds.
Well, if your site is simple then Bablefish can suffice. If it has philosophical/religious/political musings then that is another story.
If you are offering money then maybe you will get some takers.
However, 11 pages? :shock: :shock: Have you ever paid for a translator before? I have, it costs a fortune (I think it was $110.00 US for ONE page!) Nonetheless. . . Buona fortuna.
giuseppe

Post by giuseppe »

:shock:
Tra non molto potrebbe arrivare qualcuno per chiedere una traduzione accurata, a scopo di pubblicazione, della propria tesi di dottorato su, non so, le lotte intestine nel Giappone feudale del sedicesimo secolo, o la teoria della propagazione dei campi elettromagnetici nel primo periodo post-Maxwelliano.

Personalmente, se avessi bisogno di una traduzione di livello professionale, per un testo di undici cartelle da utilizzare con finalità commerciali, farei anch'io quello che è stato giustamente già consigliato nel precedente intervento.
My candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends
It gives a lovely light.
hollisterbay

Post by hollisterbay »

Well they are not full pages - each page has maybe around 2 paragraphs on it that need changing.

Here is an example of one page -

"

At the English Summer Academy, we strongly believe that is is the staff as a whole that make and deliver the vision of the institute.

Accordingly, each and every one of our staff, from teacher to activity staff are carefully selected to represent our academy and deliver our vision to the students as well as parents.

Qualifications are always important but what ESA holds in greater importance to is the characteristics and personality traits of our staff.

Our staff have not just come here to do a ‘job’ but to be part of something in an environment of motivation, inspiration and improvement.

As staff of the academy our key mentalities are:-

1. Genuine care of each and every student

2. Help/Improve the students in their handling of the english language, both verbally and written.

3. As well as looking to improve english standards, we see that by creating a relaxed and fun with students from different parts of Europe, that students can also enhance their personalities by being independent and becoming more confident - we call this broadening your horizons!

ESA Staff are the best there is for a Summer English institute.

All believe in the same teaching philosophy and understand that teachers hold information and knowledge that needs to be expressed in the best way possible for groups of students to grasp that knowledge and being a London institute, all of our teaching staff are Londoners without exception!
"

Something like that
Devery

Post by Devery »

Yea, Alta Vista (Bablefish) would have butchered that!! I was thinking more along the lines of a web site like mine, simple, personal, not much writing, etc. You'll definitely need a person for this one!!
hollisterbay

Post by hollisterbay »

Yea I know lol that's why I said it would have before...
forumuser

Post by forumuser »

Alla English Summer Academy crediamo fermamente che e' lo staff nel suo insieme che costituisce e realizza la visione del nostro istituto.

Pertanto, ogni membro del nostro staff, dagli insegnanti ai responsabili delle attivita', e' accuratamente selezionato per rappresentare la nostra scuola e trasmettere la nostra visione agli studenti, cosi' come alle loro famiglie.

I requisiti sono sempre importanti, ma cio' che l'ESA considera fondamentale sopra ogni altra cosa sono le caratteristiche e la personalita' dei membri del nostro staff.

Il nostro personale non viene da noi semplicemente a svolgere un lavoro, ma per far parte di un ambiente dove regnano motivazione, ispirazione, e crescita.

I principi guida del nostro staff all'Accademia sono:

1. L'estrema cura di ciascuno studente.

2. Aiutare/migliorare lo studente nella padronanza della lingua inglese, sia parlata che scritta.

3. Oltre a migliorare la padronanza linguistica, poniamo estrema attenzione nel creare un ambiente rilassato e divertente per studenti da ogni parte d'Europa. In questo modo, gli studenti possono sviluppare le loro personalita' e acquisire sicurezza in se' stessi. A noi piace chiamarlo "allargare i vostri orizzonti!"

Lo staff dell'ESA e' il migliore per un programma estivo di lingua inglese.

Ciascun membro condivide la stessa filosofia d'insegnamento e comprende che l'insegnante possiede conoscenze che vanno espresse nel modo migliore per consentirne l'apprendimento da parte dello studente. Inoltre, trovandoci a Londra, garantiamo che ogni membro del nostro staff e' londinese, senza eccezioni!
---

Here is page one. I think 15 euro per page would be a fair pay. Someone willing to do it for practice might charge less. 100 for the entire job or so.
Last edited by forumuser on Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
hollisterbay

Post by hollisterbay »

wow thanks forum user...really appreciate that

most of the pages are similar amount to that - one page is even less than that

im willing to pay a fee
Peter

Post by Peter »

I really don't think it's on that this same request was made on About Italian, including forumuser's translation. It smacks almost of not accepting what forumuser said. Fair enough if the translation had not been included.

forumuser's estimate of 15 euros per page is a little on the low side. My Scottish acquaintance (who ogni tanto visits this forum) reckoned that to do all 11 pages could cost up to £184 (that is something approaching 300 euros).

My concern here is that people like Hollisterbay will try to get something that they should be paying for on the cheap by asking for our help. Is this really on? I know I helped that ebay guy, but I just wanted to see how well I could do the translation!! :lol: :lol:
forumuser

Post by forumuser »

Thanks Peter. 300 euro? If someone gets a cent out of this i'd be surprised. :D