Mother/daughter song

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
dAnI

Mother/daughter song

Post by dAnI »

Ciao Tutti,

I am looking for a song to dance to with my mother at my wedding. My father passed away so instead of not having a Father/daughter dance I would like to dance with my mother.

Does anyone know any songs for a mother and daughter in italian for us to dance to.

Thanks
Dani
Roby

Post by Roby »

Welcome Dani to the forum,

We are all a very helpful and friendly bunch.

I am not sure what songs you like so I have located some:

Check out these websites.

http://www.wedalert.com/songs/ethnic/italian.asp

http://cdbaby.com/cd/romanholiday

http://www.buy.com/prod/italian-wedding ... 08956.html

scroll down on the link to see the song his album.

Any help from our Italian members will be appreciated.
Roby
"Per raro che sia, il vero amore e' meno raro della vera amicizia."

"As rare as true love is, it is not as rare as true friendship."
- François de La Rochefoucauld
forumuser

Post by forumuser »

I am not familiar with this tradition so I don't know what songs to recommend. What kind of songs do fathers and daughters dance to? Soft ballads? Folk-songs? Songs that talk about family and/or the father-daughter relationship? In other words, what makes a song suitable for this occasion? If you answer these questions I can provide some input.
dAnI

Post by dAnI »

Thank you so much for searching for some songs. It is a great help. :) Im glad I found this forum!!!
dAnI

Post by dAnI »

usually the songs are about the relationship between the child and parent. They can be either soft balads ( most of the time they are) or upbeat. It really depends on the individuals.

some people perfer something more sentimental, but some people have certain songs that are dear to them. For example, my father used to sing "il tempo se ne va" by Adriano Celentano to me alot. .. if he was still alive we would have danced to that song ( whereas alot of people choose Lauretta Mia, which is a beautiful song).

Anyhow, with my father no longer around I wanted to share a dance with my mother. I found one in english ( A Song for my daughter) however i would have liked something in italian.
Roby

Post by Roby »

dAnI wrote:usually the songs are about the relationship between the child and parent. They can be either soft balads ( most of the time they are) or upbeat. It really depends on the individuals.

some people perfer something more sentimental, but some people have certain songs that are dear to them. For example, my father used to sing "il tempo se ne va" by Adriano Celentano to me alot. .. if he was still alive we would have danced to that song ( whereas alot of people choose Lauretta Mia, which is a beautiful song).

Dani,

I have a suggestion. Why don't you and your mother dance to the song that you would have danced with your father to Il Tempo Se Ne Va. This way your father will be apart of your special day as well. Would you be able to this? Or would this be too hard on you to dance to that song?
Roby

dAnI

Post by dAnI »

thats an excellent idea, but that song is a little too hard for me to listen to now.

but i did look at those websites you suggested and i found a few songs that i will download so i can listen too.
Roby

Post by Roby »

Dani ,

When is your wedding? Do you have any favorite Italian singers that you like? If you cannot find one from the sites I sent you, maybe we can find a fitting song from one of the Italian artists that you like.

Let me know and I will be happy to help you search for something.

Another suggestion if you feel you cannot listen to your dad's favorite song for you or dance to it right now . Maybe with time, you will be able to. You could at least have the dj play this song during the reception so that you feel your dad's presence. You already know how much he loved you. Playing his favorite song for you some time during the wedding or the reception will be his way of being a part of the celebration of your special day.
Roby

dAnI

Post by dAnI »

thanks Roby for the suggestions.

I like a variety of italian artist. Mainly the older ones from my mothers generation ( only because my parents always listened to the songs when i was growing up)

Any artist will be fine as long as it is a nice song depicting the relationship between a mother and daughter.

I am getting married in 3 weeks, on April 26.

Sorry I didnt reply sooner. I have been very busy making the last arrangements for the wedding and getting my new house in order.

I really appreciate your help. This is a wonderful group!

Hope you have a great night.

Ciao for now
Dani
polideuce

Post by polideuce »

...sembra di cercare un ago in un pagliaio...

Sinora ho trovato:

"che amica che sei" di Giorgia, non è stata esattamente scritta pensando al rapporto madre/figlia, ma può comunque andare

"in bianco e nero" Carmen Consoli...qui il rapporto è più conflittuale

La ricerca continua ma non sono molto fiducioso
dAnI

Post by dAnI »

mi piace tanto la canzone di giorgia.

la faccio sentire a mia mamma.... vediamo cosa pense lei.

grazie mille