Ciao a tutti!

Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
Guty

Ciao a tutti!

Post by Guty » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:21 am

Hello everybody Mi chiamo Lorenzo (Lawrence or larry), and I am trying to learn Italian. I know a few words here and their but that's mostly it. Since I have cousins who live in Italy I would love to be able to speak to them when they visit every year because it's no fun when they speak english perfectly :lol:

What's the best approach to learning a language/Italian besides study study study. I know it can takes years to understand a language but theirs gotta' be a better approach than others and maybe I can get some idea's from those who speak multiple languages or are trying to.

Peter

Post by Peter » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:12 am

Ciao Lorenzo, bello averti con noi.

As to your question, the only real alternative is immersion, ie go live in Italy for several months. Although, I know of people who have stayed only a week or two and their comprehension and confidence have rocketed.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. There are some good - very good - Italian members here, and some of us stranieri have more than a passing knowledge of the language! :D