mi presento

Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
sakura

mi presento

Post by sakura » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:14 pm

Hello from Florida, USA
I am a school teacher elementary grades. Professional classical ballet dancer now a dance teacher. Speak English, Spanish and very little italian. I am studying Italian on my own and with friends helping me "penpals" from Italy.
Thanks!
Sakura :o [/b]

artemisia

Post by artemisia » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:25 pm

Ciao Sakura, benvenuta (?) tra di noi. In bocca al lupo! (lots of succes)

Margriet.

sakura

how to reply

Post by sakura » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:45 pm

I do not know if I am using this right. I am trying to reply to Margriet.
Grazie Margriet for your welcome message. Did I do this right?
sakura[/b]

Peter

Post by Peter » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:06 pm

Ciao Sakura e benvenuta

Sure you're doing it right, otherwise we would not be able to read your messages!!! :) :) :)

So, you are new to the Italian language. Well, feel free to ask any questions, no matter how silly they may seem. never forget that all we stranieri have been where you are now - we all had to start from the beginning.

Also, have a good read of the Lezioni Gratuite section. You should learn quite a bit there.

Have fun :) :)

sakura

Post by sakura » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:46 pm

Thank you! I still have my doubts since I am new to the forum.
I will visit the section that you mention. This is a test about how to use forum :lol:
sakura

artemisia

Post by artemisia » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:56 pm

Yes you did, Sakura,

Perhaps you can learn me some english, mine is bad!

Succes again,

Margriet.

sakura

Post by sakura » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:03 pm

Sure Margriet, I will help you with english.
Great!
When is the best time to go to this forum?
Now I will study my italian more so that I can reply in Italian.
I use CDs while driving to work and a workbook for grammar. Visited Italy last summer for the second time and was able to speak basics enough to impress my daughter :lol:
Also visited Holland, beautiful!!!!!!
sakura

sakura

Post by sakura » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:10 pm

Margriet I got it!!!!!
I will always reply from this site and not using guest book window.
Any how have a great day! I am off this week because of Holidays celebrated in USA "Thanksgiving" Nov 27th.
Thank you again.
Grazie.
sakura

sakura

Post by sakura » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:02 pm

Anyone out there. When is the best time to log in. I am in the USA, eastern time. Now 10 o'clock am of Tuesday November 25th.
Good Morning!!!!
Sakura 8)

ladybird

Post by ladybird » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:25 pm

Buongiorno Sakura :)

There is no particular "best time" to log in, the forum has been rather quiet recently but you can see if there is anyone here by checking "Who's online".
You can leave a question at any time in any of the sections of the forum and someone will answer it..sometimes you may have to be a little patient though!

Glad to have you with us. :)
Life is for living and learning.

Pompiere

Welcome

Post by Pompiere » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:28 am

Hello Sakura:

Welcome, my name is Richard and I am pretty new to this forum also. Since July 08. You will find this place very enjoyable and the people extremely helpful. Hey, it's wonderful to find someone from the same time zone. Quite often when I get to go on line, everybody on the other side of the Atlantic is in bed already. Allora, ancora una volta ... benvenuta. Ha un Thanksgiving molto buono. Io e mia moglie andiamo in South Carolina il giorno dopo Thanksgiving, e ci restiamo fino a sie di dicembre. Piacere.

Rich

sakura

Post by sakura » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Greetings!
Hi Rich
Thank you for your email. Yes, it is hard to know when the people from the other side of the Atlantic are awake. We are staying home for Thanksgiving and I am cooking Italian- chicken parmigiana. :roll:
Tired of the turkey dinner. I have always like the italian language but now I am serious about learning it. I understand it when I hear it but cannot write it yet. While driving to work I listen to italian lessons and that helps too. I speak some and I have a friend in Italy that writes to me in Italian.
Well, nice to meet you. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Ciao
Sakura

polideuce

Post by polideuce » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:03 pm

sakura wrote: (omissis) I am cooking Italian- chicken parmigiana. :roll:
(omissis)
come lo cucini? essendo praticamente di Parma quel "parmigiana" mi ha incuriosito :)

p.s: Benvenuta :D

sakura

Post by sakura » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:56 pm

Hello!
I write a little italian and for that reason I will write in English today. :lol:
In reference of the Chicken Parmigiana, it is an American/ Italian influence recipe that may or may not exist in Italia. It is served over spaghetti or any other pasta. Tomate sauce over the pasta and the chicken (breaded with parmesan cheese and bread crumbs). It is a simple recipe but I know there are other recipes that include more seasoning, etc.
Usually for Thanksgiving Americans serve Turkey and all the works including pumpking pie. I decided to do something different this year which is ok! since I am not full american blood but a mixture of hispanic/ latina and spaniards (Spain). Have a Happy Day!!!!
Sakura

polideuce

Post by polideuce » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:36 pm

Grazie :)
in effetti non è proprio "canonica" come ricetta, ma mi piace vedere come viene reinterpretata la cucina italiana in posti diversi :)

Grazie ancora :)