Help with grammer!

Have a question about Italian grammar? Need a quick translation from Italian to English or vice versa? Post it here!
elai

Help with grammer!

Post by elai »

Hello! this is my first post on this forum and i hope you can help me! I am a student from Haifa University in Israel and i am taking a course in Italian for begginers. I need to write a very short essay about what I did during the Pessah holiday and I wanted to post it here so you could tell me if there are mistakes before i submit it to my teacher. thank you for your help! here is the text:

Cosa ho fatto pessach

Nel corso di vacanze di Pessach ho viaggiato a sud Israele con mi amica e insieme abbiamo visitato "Masada".
Masada e' un'antica fortezza Israeliana, E' situato sopra montagna vicino al Mar Morto. Da Masada abbiamo visto un bel panorama.
Dopo abbiamo visitato la Riserva Naturale di Ein-Gedi e abbiamo visto numerosi aploceri ma no abbiamo visto il famoso tigre da Ein-Gedi…
Piu' tardi abbiamo mangiato in un piccolo ristorante e subito dopo siamo tornati a casa stanchi ma contenti!
Ember

Re: Help with grammer!

Post by Ember »

Hi elai! Welcome in this forum!
I've been in Masada almost ten years ago :)

A few corrections:

DURANTE LE vacanze di Pessach ho viaggiato NEL sud DI Israele con UNA miA amica e insieme abbiamo visitato "Masada".
Masada e' un'antica fortezza Israeliana, E' situatA sopra UNA montagna vicino al Mar Morto. Da Masada abbiamo visto un bel panorama.
Dopo abbiamo visitato la Riserva Naturale di Ein-Gedi e abbiamo visto numerosi aploceri ma noN abbiamo visto LA famosA tigre dI Ein-Gedi…
Piu' tardi abbiamo mangiato in un piccolo ristorante e subito dopo siamo tornati a casa stanchi ma contenti!
*** homo sum: humani nihil a me alienum puto ***
elai

Post by elai »

Thank you very much Ember!

I understand the corrections you wrote, they are very helpful!

I am happy to hear that you have been to Israel!

I hope you enjoyed your trip and the Israeli men didn't try to come on to you to much...

although you are Italian and are probably used to it :-)

Elai
polideuce

Post by polideuce »

Una aggiunta.
"stanchi ma contenti" è corretto ma ho sentito dire spesso "stanchi ma soddisfatti"; è giusto una questione di umore :)
elai

Post by elai »

thank you!

I will write it like you said!
Ember

Post by Ember »

Hi elai, I really loved Israel! And no, men were not annoying at all ;) but I have to say I was only 16 at that time so they probably didn't even notice me!

If you need help with your Italian, just ask!
*** homo sum: humani nihil a me alienum puto ***