Mi aiuta a tradurre una ricetta, per favore :)

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
Chris Corbyn

Mi aiuta a tradurre una ricetta, per favore :)

Post by Chris Corbyn » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:37 am

Ciao a tutti!

Ho tentato a tradurre questa ricetta per preparare un gelato al cardamomo e arancia, che vorrei prepare per Natale:

http://www.mangiarebene.com/ricette/dol ... a_3376.htm

L'ho tradotta come:

http://chriscorbyn.co.uk/stuff/orange-c ... gelato.pdf

Poi se ne ho accorto che me paia esser mancante di un istruzione. Sono confuso dove dice come mescolare l'arancia e la crema. Forse è davvero mancante, o ho perso qualcosa ovvia? :)

Mi sembra veramente delizioso questo gelato, perciò mi piacerebbe molto a farlo per il qualche amico cui passerò il Natale :)

Roby

Post by Roby » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:03 pm

Chris,

Here is the recipe in English. There several versions. Of course, we know that there may be some differences , but I am sure that it will taste very good. Let me know how it turns out.

http://gorgeoustown.typepad.com/lex_cul ... _oran.html

There's something about the tang of this buttermilk and the fragrance of the oranges that reminds me of cheesecake. Because of the thick silkiness of the buttermilk, this ice cream is a rich-tasting and feeling without being super calorific. If you're less averse to sweeteners than you are to calories, you can substitute 1/2 cup Splenda for the 1/2 cup sugar.

* 250 ml whole milk
* finely grated rind of 2 oranges
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup vanilla sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
* 1 Tablespoon orange liqueur (I make my own by stuffing a vodka bottle with lengths of fragrant orange rind...)
* 1 whole egg
* 600 ml buttermilk

combine all ingredients but the buttermilk in a medium saucepan. Use a heavy duty immersion blender to thoroughly blend everything. If you use a wimpy one, the egg won't get totally combined with the milk and you'll end up with lumpy custard. Heat over medium low heat stirring frequently, until it begins to thicken. Pour in the buttermilk and thoroughly blend again. Continue to heat for a few more minutes, blending at the end.

Pour into a metal bowl and apply cling film to the top of the mixture. Chill for at least 2 hours.

Process using a 1 to 1.5 litre ice cream machine.

Try not to eat it all at one go.
Roby
"Per raro che sia, il vero amore e' meno raro della vera amicizia."

"As rare as true love is, it is not as rare as true friendship."
- François de La Rochefoucauld

Roby

Post by Roby » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:03 pm

http://crackinggoodegg.blogspot.com/200 ... d-egg.html

Orange and Cardamom Ice Cream
(Stephanie Alexander from the Cooks Companion)

Bring 3/4 cup castor sugar and 1/2 cup water to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Lightly beat 4 eggs. Pour on the boiling syrup beating until the volume has doubled. Beat in 1/2 cup concentrated orange juice and the seeds from five cardamom pods. Stir in 11/4 cups of cream. Churn in an ice cream machine and freeze.
Roby

Roby

Post by Roby » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:08 pm

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/f ... nge21.html

Recipe: Orange-Cardamom Ice Cream with Cold Italian Hot Chocolate

Makes 1 quart (serves six to eight)

- 5 large egg yolks

- ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided

- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt

- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom

- 2 cups 2 percent milk

- 2 ½ cups heavy cream

- Zest stripped from 1 large orange (see Kitchen Note)

1. In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, ¼ cup sugar, salt and cardamom. Heat milk, cream, orange zest and remaining ½ cup sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until almost simmering.

2. Slowly pour about a third of the milk mixture into the egg mixture, whisking as you pour. Return to saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a spatula, until custard reaches 175 degrees and lightly coats a spatula.

3. Strain custard into a clean bowl, discarding orange zest, and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate the custard at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours. When completely chilled, churn custard in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions. While the machine is running, put a bowl to hold ice cream into the freezer.

4. Transfer ice cream to bowl, cover and freeze at least 4 hours. When ready to serve, fill mugs or large coffee cups with cold hot chocolate and add a scoop of ice cream to each.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/f ... hot21.html

Recipe: Cold Italian Hot Chocolate

Serves 8

- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder

- 4 teaspoons cornstarch

- 1 cup sugar

- 2 2/3 cups milk

- 2 cups water

1. Sift together cocoa, cornstarch and sugar. Heat milk and water in a heavy 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until warm. Slowly whisk in cocoa mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook about 5 minutes, stirring constantly with a spatula until mixture coats the back of a spoon.

2. Pour into a bowl or pitcher and cool. Refrigerate until cold.
Roby

Roby

Post by Roby » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:11 pm

http://exceedingthespeedlimit.typepad.c ... cream.html

Orange Cardamom Ice Cream

This is a creamy light ice cream to accompany my Raspberry Peach Galette. I use a Cuisinart ice cream maker, so literally, it takes about 30 minutes start to finish to make this! There is a little more whip cream and a little less milk, so if you want a denser ice cream, add more milk and less cream.

2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 cups 2 % milk
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
3 TBSP Grand Marnier or orange liqueur
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. almond extract
Zest of 3 oranges
2 tsp. cardamom

Whisk sugars and milk to dessovle. Add remaining ingredients, mix well. With ice cream maker on, add mixture and keep on for at least 25-30 minutes. Move to freezer.
Roby

Chris Corbyn

Post by Chris Corbyn » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:09 pm

Oh, grazie mille Roby :) Purtroppo non avevo visto i tuoi messaggi prima quando ho preparato il gelato, semplicemente presumendo che il succo si mesca con la crema quando sono interamente raffreddati tutti e due. Questo mi sembra aver funzionato... il sapore è divino!

Infatto, visto che questo ha funzionato, il lunedì sera ho preparato anche due altre sapori: Limetta e Pistacchio, e Limetta, Noce di Cocco e Malibu, usando le stessi proporzioni di panna, uova e crema per la crema. Questi anche si gustano fantastici :)

Chissà se qualcuno possa dirmi: è la differenza fra "ice-cream" americano e "gelato" italiano il fatto che gelato si è preparato con la panna, il latte, più zucchero e i tuorli di uova, mentre il ice-cream americano si è preparato con il buttermilk, meno zucchero e uova interi?