I am new to Impariamo and want to introduce myself

Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
meb58

I am new to Impariamo and want to introduce myself

Post by meb58 »

My name is Michael and I began learning Italian a few weeks ago with Rosetta Stone. I quickly realized that learning the language well will require much more exposure to the Italian language. I am reading an Italian news paper, I purchased the Italian channel, and, joined Impariamo!

I have family in Italy - Caserta. My grandmother was from Caserta and my grandfather was from Firenze. Unfortunately my grandfather forbid all to speak the language when he came to the states after WWII. I plan to change that in his honor.

I have traveled thru parts of Italy on three occasions - each experience was very different and uniquely special.

Ciao
Peter

Post by Peter »

Ciao Michael e benvenuto. Good to have you with us.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. There are a number of Italians here who are only too happy to help you, and some of us non-Italians have a reasonable grip on the language.

What you say about your grandfather is not at all unusual; I know a number of American-Italians who grew up in the same situation.
meb58

Post by meb58 »

Grazie mille!

I will from time to time throw some questions out there...perhaps even on a daily basis.

I want to bring my wife to Italy for our 25th anniversary...I would really like to be able to speak some of the language. We are making plans to go in the end of September.

Michael
Pompiere

Post by Pompiere »

Welcome Michael ..... Finally another New Yorker !!!!

I wish you a lot of luck with your noble endeavor. I am three years new to this language and I am confident as I did, you will find the people here wonderful !!!!

Riccardo
Chris Corbyn

Post by Chris Corbyn »

Ciao Michael,

Piacere di conoscerti e in bocca al lupo!
meb58

Post by meb58 »

I will soon learn what then sentence means...soon...pleased to meet you Chris