Sing Along and learn

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
Davide

Sing Along and learn

Post by Davide » Sat May 14, 2011 10:57 pm

Listening to popular Italian songs is a great way to increase your understanding and vocabulary. I've just found this site which you might find useful if you want to practice your vocals :-)

http://www.airdave.it/testi-canzoni.htm

Happy Singing (see you on 'Britain's Got Talent :-) )

Davide

Please identify yourself first before you add me.

Machiavelli

Post by Machiavelli » Mon May 16, 2011 7:30 am

I agree... singing along to songs helps pronunciation and increases your vocabulary. I always look for songs on Youtube... here is one of my favorites and I think easy to learn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlOO-EkdTCM

Davide

Post by Davide » Mon May 16, 2011 7:55 am

Ah - a classic. I remember listening to Toto Cotugno on a local radio program years ago called 'Mondo Italiano' (BBC Radio Bedford as it was then). His songs were always very popular :-)

Please identify yourself first before you add me.

coffeecup

Post by coffeecup » Mon May 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Yes, I totally agree, singing is a fantastic way to get your mouth around those tricky sounds.

Thanks, guys!
без тебя я не я. нас никогда не догонят! я тебя люблю.

Peter

Post by Peter » Tue May 17, 2011 10:19 am

Vorrei farlo ma sono stonato!! :lol:

Monika

Post by Monika » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:04 am

Singing really is a good way to increase vocab and work with the sounds. For anyone with young children, I highly recommend the Canzoni per Bambini CDs (there are 2 volumes) by Centro Raccontami. Here's a link to volume 1, and here's a link to volume 2. You can get them as mp3 downloads or order the CDs. The voices are very clear, there are songs that go through the alphabet, numbers, the seasons, colors, etc. And it uses all "real" instruments and are creatively arranged (which, as a musician, I love most of all!). :D
Davide wrote:Ah - a classic. I remember listening to Toto Cotugno on a local radio program years ago called 'Mondo Italiano' (BBC Radio Bedford as it was then). His songs were always very popular :-)
When I was little and lived in Italy, I looooooved listening to Toto Cotugno! My friends teased me because it was their "parents' music." :roll: I think I can still sing along to Napoli, though!

umberto

Post by umberto » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:20 pm

I agree: to listen to music is a great way to learn. I do the same with English: every time I listen to a song, I try to understand the lyrics. As for Italian, I warn you that lots of pop songs may not use a proper grammar: this often happens for metrical reasons. Do you remember ‘Ragazzo fortunato’ by Jovanotti? At one point he sings: “Sono un ragazzo fortunato perché non c’è niente che ho bisogno”, whereas, more correctly, he had to say: “Sono un ragazzo fortunato perché non c’è niente di cui ho bisogno”. Poetic licence or carelessness?