NEW NEW!! NUOVO NUOVO!!

Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
LEOLEONEPRIS

NEW NEW!! NUOVO NUOVO!!

Post by LEOLEONEPRIS »

:shock: HELLO MY NAME IS PRISCILLA, AND I JUST JOINED TODAY, I WILL BE MOVING TO ITALY TO TAKE COURSES THAT WILL BE TAUGHT IN THE ITALIAN LANGUAGE. I WAS HOPING THAT MAYBE SOME OF YOU HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHERE I SHOULD START LEARNING AND WHAT KIND OF RESOURCES THIS WEBSITE HAS FOR SOMEONE WHO KNOW VERY VERY LITTLE ABOUT THE LANGUAGE. I NEED TO LEARN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE BEFORE I GO. iI OWULG GREATLY APPRECIATE IT, THANKS PRISCILLA :P
What lies before us
and what lies behind us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!!
TrentinaNE

Post by TrentinaNE »

Ciao, Priscilla e benvenuta! (Welcome)

If you look at the topics at the top of the "La Grammatica" section, you'll see a "sticky" with the title Italian Resources. That should be a good place for you to start.

When are you leaving for Italy? Where will you be studying? It sounds like a great adventure.

Please post again. Just one suggestion though: ALL CAPS makes text more difficult for most people to read, so please avoid it! :wink:

Saluti,
Elisabetta
disegno

Post by disegno »

Ciao Priscilla, Benvenuta alla Bacheca! Beata te! Going to Italy to learn the language! Great! You will have a wonderful time.

To get started, on the language go out and find a good grammar book to get an overview of the language e learn the basics. (There are several threads in the grammar sections discussing the merits of various texts)

Try to learn a new set of words every day to start building vocabulary. I recommend the word association learning method for remembering vocab. We have a thread on this forum that can give you an idea of what I am talking about. (Imparare le nuove parole, un gioco della memoria...http://impariamo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34)

In bocca del lupo! Good luck.
Artrella

learning a language

Post by Artrella »

Hi Priscilla!! Welcome to La Bacheca!!! I'm also learning Italian, and let me tell you that the best way, besides from what Trentina and Melissa suggested, is to speak as much as you can with natives...I did that without knowing anything...however for me it was easy since my mother tongue is Spanish, so both languages are very similar.
I have some links to "interactive grammar exercises"...maybe if you want I can give them to you in private message...I'm not sure if I can post the links here... moderators?
Good luck Priscilla!! Buona fortuna!!!

Quando viaggi in Italia? Anche io viaggio tra poco!! Forse ci incontriamo lì!!

Ciao!!

Nil :D
“Chiunque può sbagliare: ma nessuno, se non è sciocco, persevera nell’errore”. (Cicerone)
Per favore, correggete i miei errori !
Artrella

Post by Artrella »

Melissa, sempre vedo quella espresione che tu hai messo nel tuo messaggio per Priscilla....."in bocca al lupo"....mai ho capito quando e perché si usa...in quale contesto...potresti spiegarmi?

Grazie!! :roll:
“Chiunque può sbagliare: ma nessuno, se non è sciocco, persevera nell’errore”. (Cicerone)
Elisa

Re: learning a language

Post by Elisa »

Artrella wrote:Hi Priscilla!! Welcome to La Bacheca!!! I'm also learning Italian, and let me tell you that the best way, besides from what Trentina and Melissa suggested, is to speak as much as you can with natives...I did that without knowing anything...however for me it was easy since my mother tongue is Spanish, so both languages are very similar.
I have some links to "interactive grammar exercises"...maybe if you want I can give them to you in private message...I'm not sure if I can post the links here... moderators?
Good luck Priscilla!! Buona fortuna!!!

Quando viaggi in Italia? Anche io viaggio tra poco!! Forse ci incontriamo lì!!

Ciao!!

Nil :D
Nilda, no mods here, thank God!!! Da quello che ho capito qui puoi indicare i link senza problemi, soprattutto quelli utili per imparare!! :)
Elena

Post by Elena »

Nil,
"In bocca al lupo" (in the wolf's mouth) si usa quando vorreste dire"good luck o "buona fortuna". La riposta è "Crepi il lupo!"(may the wolf die)
a presto
Elena
Artrella

Post by Artrella »

Elena wrote:Nil,
"In bocca al lupo" (in the wolf's mouth) si usa quando vorreste dire"good luck o "buona fortuna". La riposta è "Crepi il lupo!"(may the wolf die)
a presto
Elena

Grazie mille Elena!! :D
Artrella

Re: learning a language

Post by Artrella »

Elisa wrote: Nilda, no mods here, thank God!!! Da quello che ho capito qui puoi indicare i link senza problemi, soprattutto quelli utili per imparare!! :)

Phewww!!!! <sigh>...
Baci Eli!! :D
LEOLEONEPRIS

Post by LEOLEONEPRIS »

TrentinaNE wrote:Ciao, Priscilla e benvenuta! (Welcome)

If you look at the topics at the top of the "La Grammatica" section, you'll see a "sticky" with the title Italian Resources. That should be a good place for you to start.

When are you leaving for Italy? Where will you be studying? It sounds like a great adventure.

Please post again. Just one suggestion though: ALL CAPS makes text more difficult for most people to read, so please avoid it! :wink:

Saluti,
Elisabetta
thank you for the tips, no more caps! :) i plan to leave in august 06' and i will be living in milan and studying at istituto marangoni. i am so very excited... i cant wait!
do you think that is enough time invested into the sudy of italian before the move?
again thanks
What lies before us
and what lies behind us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!!