Migliorare la abilita' di parlare?

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
Reeven

Migliorare la abilita' di parlare?

Post by Reeven » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:53 pm

Ciao tutti, dopo studiavo la lingua italiana da solo a casa da piu di un anno, sono venuto in Italia per studiare qui! Questo e' la mia sesta settimana qui, e sto imparando molto. Ma per me, la cosa piu difficile e' conversazione. Riesco di capire cio che un interlocutore mi dice, ma per me costruire le frase e' molto molto difficile, e sembra che sia la cosa piu lenta di migliorare. Penso che la ragione sia che posso scrivere, leggere e ascoltare tutto il giorno, ma non conosco persone con cui posso parlare in Italiano. Sto studiando a una scuola, ma tutti gli altri studenti li vorrebbero parlare inglese dopo scuola!

Quindi, la mia domanda, sapete un modo con cui posso migliorare la mia abilita' di parlare in italiano? Grazie!

Roby

Post by Roby » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:17 pm

Reeven,

You need to meet with some of the locals.... Hang out away from the school and away from the tourist areas. At first, it is difficult to speak, but if you meet other Italians, you will see that slowly slowly your speaking will improve. Are you able to understand Italian when it is spoken to you? We are here for moral support as well . Good Luck and have fun.
Roby
"Per raro che sia, il vero amore e' meno raro della vera amicizia."

"As rare as true love is, it is not as rare as true friendship."
- François de La Rochefoucauld

Reeven

Post by Reeven » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Roby wrote:Reeven,

You need to meet with some of the locals.... Hang out away from the school and away from the tourist areas. At first, it is difficult to speak, but if you meet other Italians, you will see that slowly slowly your speaking will improve. Are you able to understand Italian when it is spoken to you? We are here for moral support as well . Good Luck and have fun.
Si, posso capire quando loro mi parlono. Ma ho scoperto che, per la maggior parte, gli italiani non vogliono aspettarmi costruire una frase. Quindi diventa molto difficile, perche sono in fretta di finire quello che cerco di dire, e per questa raggione sbaglio molto le parole e la grammatica.

Non l'ho cercato, ma c'e' un modo di 'incontrare' italiani che vorrebbero migliorare inglese, e quindi potrei parlare con loro in italiano e anche in inglese su Skype o qualcosa?

Roby

Post by Roby » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Reeven....

I know it is difficult at first to form sentences in your head, but you must do it by starting off using the simplest sentences. Don't be ashamed to tell them that you are still learning to speak. The fact that you are attempting to speak is what they appreciate more than you know. Do not get discouraged.

I will send you a pm....
Roby

-Luca-

Post by -Luca- » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:31 pm

In che parte d'Italia sei?
Italians don't know what Caesar salad is !!

Reeven

Post by Reeven » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:17 am

Grazie, Roby! E Luca, ora sono a Firenze.

Massimo

Post by Massimo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Ciao Reeven!

Like Roby said, don't be afraid of speaking, even if (and believe me, it is more than normal!) you find it difficult. Remember you're here to learn, and you're doing it in the best possible way, that is, living in the country where the language is spoken. What better opportunity??
There's no need for you to point out each time that you're still learning when speaking to native Italians. People will understand the situation and will be more than willing to listen, and possibly to correct your mistakes. Those who don't, well, they're not worth speaking to, anyway!
And in case, start speaking English to them, as fast as you can, and look at their faces! Next time you speak Italian with them, they'll help you, believe me! :D
Finally, I do agree with Roby, we're here for moral support too, so any time you need assistance, or just simple advice, just pm any of us, and we'll do our best to help. Enjoy your staying in Florence, and make the most of it!
Massimo

Want to learn or practice and improve your Italian? Visit : http://www.learnitalian.at.vu

Roby

Post by Roby » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:41 pm

Massimo wrote:Ciao Reeven!

Like Roby said, don't be afraid of speaking, even if (and believe me, it is more than normal!) you find it difficult. Remember you're here to learn, and you're doing it in the best possible way, that is, living in the country where the language is spoken. What better opportunity??
There's no need for you to point out each time that you're still learning when speaking to native Italians. People will understand the situation and will be more than willing to listen, and possibly to correct your mistakes. Those who don't, well, they're not worth speaking to, anyway!
And in case, start speaking English to them, as fast as you can, and look at their faces! Next time you speak Italian with them, they'll help you, believe me! :D

Finally, I do agree with Roby, we're here for moral support too, so any time you need assistance, or just simple advice, just pm any of us, and we'll do our best to help. Enjoy your staying in Florence, and make the most of it!

Great points Massimo..... Great point about speaking fast.... You are right on/spot on with that one...
Roby

coffeecup

Post by coffeecup » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:02 am

Reeven, do you have any pets? I find that speaking to both my dogs and both my cats is a great way to start forming sentences quickly in my head.

Animals are wonderfully patient so there's no stress of "oh my god they're staring at me, what was I saying, grammar grammar grammar, you aren't making sense, what was the right word?" which all of us language-learners are familiar with. 8)

Even if you don't have any pets, just walk around your house speaking italian. You might feel like an idiot (note: I live with six other people so I only ever do this in the privacy of my own room) but again, there won't be that stress. If you have an italian assignment coming up or a topic you're studying, talk about it to yourself out loud. I found this was really helpful when I needed to get my speaking up a little.

hope that helps. :)
без тебя я не я. нас никогда не догонят! я тебя люблю.

Reeven

Post by Reeven » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to try to be a bit more confident when speaking Italian to the natives. I've also tried forming sentences to myself out loud, and the fact that it's difficult tells me that it's a good way to practice! I have a feeling that's going to help me a lot too. Thanks everybody!

Davide

Post by Davide » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:47 am

I agree with everything said here - it's never too early to start speaking and it doesn't matter how simple it is. You might start by just talking to yourself describing what you're doing at the moment and/or what you intend to do. If, whilst doing this, you come up across something you don't know how to express, then that's a good indicator that it's a word/phrase you should learn and add to your active vocabulary. It IS difficult to begin with, but the more you practice it, the easier it will become.

Davide

Please identify yourself first before you add me.

Roby

Post by Roby » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:23 pm

Davide wrote:I agree with everything said here - it's never too early to start speaking and it doesn't matter how simple it is. You might start by just talking to yourself describing what you're doing at the moment and/or what you intend to do. If, whilst doing this, you come up across something you don't know how to express, then that's a good indicator that it's a word/phrase you should learn and add to your active vocabulary. It IS difficult to begin with, but the more you practice it, the easier it will become.

Davide
Great point Davide....

I remember the first time I was face to face with a stranger who only spoke Italian while in Italy.....I could only form the present and present perfect.... and it was really bad, but he did not care . He just wanted to talk .

Hang in there Reeven..... We all have been in your spot ... You will be surprised how far you will come after only a few days. Keep us posted. We are here for you my friend.
Roby

umberto

Post by umberto » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Reeven wrote:Grazie, Roby! E Luca, ora sono a Firenze.
Ciao Reeven,
I live in Florence: if you want, we could meet up!! Where do you live exactly?

Reeven

Post by Reeven » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:45 pm

umberto wrote:Ciao Reeven,
Sure, that'd be great! I'm near the SMN station. Where are you located?

umberto

Post by umberto » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:28 am

Reeven wrote:
umberto wrote:Ciao Reeven,
Sure, that'd be great! I'm near the SMN station. Where are you located?
I live in the Southern part (Gavinana). I have no problem moving to the Centro!!