PLease Help

Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
SteveAnderson

PLease Help

Post by SteveAnderson » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:51 am

Ciao,

Hi people I am new to the site, But I am a lil confused, mi italiano no bene so a lot of what i am reading is confusing me lol :oops: so i was wondering if someone could help me look throu i am not sure how to learn how to speak italian on the site but i would appriciate it if somoene would help me.

Molto Gratzi,

Stephen Anderson

disegno

Post by disegno » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:00 am

Ciao Stephen e benvenuto! Welcome. The best way is to get started is to begin asking questions. When you don't understand something that you read in a post, let everyone know, or start a new post and ask how to say something. Try writing something in Italian, or ask a grammar question...you will see right away that you will receive a lot a helpful advice! :wink: Ciao Melissa

SteveAnderson

Post by SteveAnderson » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:34 am

WOW!! That was FAST! Thanks, i am not sure what to ask lol i am kinda retarted but like i dont understand 90% of what i was reading before. Like yea I dunno. But thats awsome that people here are nice and helpful and welcomging MOLTO GRATZI!!! lol But like is their a um....Italian Dictionary that you could look at and peice together the sentences on the site or something?

Steve Anderson :D

keithatengagedthinking

Post by keithatengagedthinking » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:47 pm

SteveAnderson wrote:WOW!! That was FAST! Thanks, i am not sure what to ask lol i am kinda retarted but like i dont understand 90% of what i was reading before. Like yea I dunno. But thats awsome that people here are nice and helpful and welcomging MOLTO GRATZI!!! lol But like is their a um....Italian Dictionary that you could look at and peice together the sentences on the site or something?

Steve Anderson :D
Benventuo! = Welcome!

How about you check out this site if you are interested in learning Italian:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/italian/index.shtml

That link will take you to the BBC which has some great tools for learning. Check out the "Italian Steps" - there are six units with four chapters in each unit. Each unit will teach you some new words so you can hear and see the Italian. At the end of each unit, it gives you the opportunity to speak and write what you have learned.

Also check out the Pimsleur Italian - it's a system of CD's or tapes that will help you learn Italian. They are very good, and I started out using them and I did ok :) They can be bought online or in a bookstore and won't be hard to find.

Sincerely,