nuovo la socia - aiuto- New member HELP!

Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
santacaterina

nuovo la socia - aiuto- New member HELP!

Post by santacaterina » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:48 pm

Im a new member who is looking forward to learning italian. This is my starting point. Hope to chat to people about Italy also as have fallen in love with the country. I have visited Roma and Amalfi Coast. Iam fully equipped with my phrase book! Would love to chat in english or italiano.

ciao x :D :D

Artrella

Re: nuovo la socia - aiuto- New member HELP!

Post by Artrella » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:13 pm

santacaterina wrote:Im a new member who is looking forward to learning italian. This is my starting point. Hope to chat to people about Italy also as have fallen in love with the country. I have visited Roma and Amalfi Coast. Iam fully equipped with my phrase book! Would love to chat in english or italiano.

Hi Santacaterina and welcome to Impariamo! :D
Have you been to Sardegna by chance?
“Chiunque può sbagliare: ma nessuno, se non è sciocco, persevera nell’errore”. (Cicerone)
Per favore, correggete i miei errori !

santacaterina

Post by santacaterina » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:48 pm

Salve Artrella

Perfect english! As I say I have only just begun I will make many errors but I feel you just have to dive right in at the deep end! I have not been to Sardegna yet but it is a place I would love to go to! It is on my list. I love to travel but work long hours and have too little time.

ciao :)

Artrella

Post by Artrella » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:51 pm

Ah, ok Santacaterina, I asked that, because I've been there, in Sardegna in a little place called Santa Caterina, that's why I thought maybe you had been there... I hope you'll go there some day, it's really a paradise!

CiaoCiao! :D
“Chiunque può sbagliare: ma nessuno, se non è sciocco, persevera nell’errore”. (Cicerone)
Per favore, correggete i miei errori !

Mindy

Re: nuovo la socia - aiuto- New member HELP!

Post by Mindy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:09 am

santacaterina wrote:Im a new member who is looking forward to learning italian. This is my starting point. Hope to chat to people about Italy also as have fallen in love with the country. I have visited Roma and Amalfi Coast. Iam fully equipped with my phrase book! Would love to chat in english or italiano.

Ciao Caterina e benvenuta! :D

We're glad to have you here, and of course we'll be happy to help you learn Italian. Tell us more about yourself - are you Italian? How are you learning - on your own, or do you plan on taking a course? And what do you do when you're not visiting Italy or studying Italian? :wink: :lol:

--Mindy

keithatengagedthinking

Post by keithatengagedthinking » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:20 pm

santacaterina wrote:I love to travel but work long hours and have too little time.

ciao :)

I'm the same way :) Too many work hours and not enough vacation hours
Welcome to the Bacheca! What made you want to learn Italian and visit the country? What made you fall in love with Italy?

santacaterina

Post by santacaterina » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:51 pm

I will definately find out more about Santa Caterina in Sardegna thanks for the tip! The Santa Caterina is an hotel that I stayed in last Summer in Amalfi you can find out more on their website. www.hotelsantacaterina.it

I work with my husband running our own business so the hours are long. I love to cook so any recipes would be gratefully recived. Today I heard from an agency who are trying to put me in touch with an italian home tutor. So hopefully I will be able to speak a little italian when I visit in May.

I am English and I find that we are the worst in the world for having another language and for this I feel stupid! That is why I have decided to do something about it, maybe live there one day.

I love Italian culture, history, religion, food the great light (I could go on !) :lol:

Ciao

keithatengagedthinking

Post by keithatengagedthinking » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:59 pm

santacaterina wrote:...I work with my husband running our own business so the hours are long. I love to cook so any recipes would be gratefully recived.

Ciao!

If you are looking for some good recipes, check out:

Mangiare Bene
Ciao Italia

I love to cook also. I did a short cooking course when I lived in Rome a few years ago.