Ciao to all!!!

Are you a new member on Impariamo.com? Or perhaps you signed up a while ago, but you haven't posted yet? Introduce yourself here!
kim.curry08

Ciao to all!!!

Post by kim.curry08 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:10 am

Hi everyone -- Mi chiamo Kim. I'm 20 and I studied Italian in high school, but two years without a foreign language makes it easy to forget. Next summer I will be traveling to Italy for at least a month, probably more, so I'd like to practice my italian. Any ideas for re-learning a language that you have some experience in? I'm thinking about purchasing the intermediate Rosetta stone program since I remember most of the beginning Italian. I would LOVE to have some buddies to practice my italian with, not only typing but speaking through a microphone and a buddy program like Skype. Also, if anyone is interested in traveling through Italy in some hostels next summer, I'm still looking for some travel buddies :-) ...

disegno

Post by disegno » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:08 am

Ciao Kim. Benvenuta! Che bel programma andare in Italia per un mese! :D Qui troverai tanti amici che possono aiutarti con la lingua. Ci sentiamo! Ciao. Melissa
Chi canta a tavola e fischia a letto e' matto perfetto.

Massimo

Post by Massimo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:40 am

Ciao Kim e benvenuta tra noi! :D
Massimo

Want to learn or practice and improve your Italian? Visit : http://www.learnitalian.at.vu

Mindy

Post by Mindy » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:57 pm

Ciao Kim, e benvenuta! :D

I think the Rosetta Stone program - www.impariamo.com/rosetta2.php - is a great investment. Pimsleur - www.impariamo.com/pimsleur.php - is also a very good program. Another good way to start re-learning is joining a local Meetup group - http://italian.meetup.com - it's a ready-made chat group that meets once or twice a week. And finally, just jump right in here on the board and communicate with us in Italian. For starters....

Sei studentessa o hai un lavoro?
Sei mai stata in Italia?
Sei italiana di origine?

Hope these suggestions have been helpful. I look forward to getting to know more about you and your plans for next summer!

--Mindy

kim.curry08

Post by kim.curry08 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:25 am

Thanks, I'm going to try to do my posts as much as possible in italian but i have forgotten A LOT and until I review I will be very rusty.

Sono studentessa all'Universita di Rhode Island. Lavoro in un ristorante, sono una cameriera. Tento conservare i miei soldi per il mio viaggo all'Italia l'estate prossima. Non sono mai stato in Italia, ma ho sempre desiderato andare all'Italia. Non sono italiana di origine, sono Irlandese. Ma amo il cibo dell'Italia!!!

It took me a while just to write that with my Italian-English dictionary, so I know I'm out of practice. I'm going to be buying some software soon to help me re-learn, while I have time during the summer before school starts again.

Kim