Italian books from Amazon.

Join us here for some fun chit chat, or share your opinions on rumours and gossip in the news. Beginners and advanced Italian speakers are all welcome!
Joaquin

Italian books from Amazon.

Post by Joaquin »

Does anyone know if it's possible to order books from the Italian Amazon site from the U.S.?
umberto

Re: Italian books from Amazon.

Post by umberto »

I think it's possible… You have to sign in where you read “nuovo cliente”. What kind of book are you looking for?
Joaquin

Post by Joaquin »

ciao Umberto!

I'm looking for the collected short stories of Ernest Hemingway.
calum

Post by calum »

Joaquin wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to order books from the Italian Amazon site from the U.S.?
I don't see why not, Amazon will ship to almost anywhere in the world. Are you concerned that the US may have import restrictions on books from Italy?
I've bought books this way (I'm in the UK) but the postage cost can sometimes be more than the cost of the book. And it's always worth double-checking that the book you've ordered is in the language you want.
Joaquin

Post by Joaquin »

Are you concerned that the US may have import restrictions on books from Italy?

Actually I'm wondering about how to pay in Euros, or does Amazon do it for me automatically
when I enter my Credit Card number?
calum

Post by calum »

Amazon will charge your credit card in Euros and your credit card company will perform a currency rate conversion back to dollars. Check your credit card conditions of use to see whether they add a foreign currency transaction fee.
Joaquin

Post by Joaquin »

thanks Calum!
Gail Brown

Post by Gail Brown »

I recently ordered books from Amazon.it. You can log in with your existing Amazon account, but if you're a Prime member, your benefits don't extend to Amazon.it. There is a flat fee of €14 for shipping so if you like to read books in Italian, it makes sense to buy lots of books at once. There were no issues with customs, my order arrived in a couple of weeks and was in relatively good condition. Previously (before Amazon.it was in business) I've ordered from Bol.it with great success, however, their shipping fee is €29. All things considered, the convenience is well worth Amazon's €14 fee. When I visit Italy, I like to travel light and while I love to browse in Italian bookstores, I hate hauling pounds and pounds of books with me on my vacation!
Alla prossima,
Gail

I vostri commenti, critiche, correzioni e suggerimenti sono benvenuti. Grazie!
Chris Corbyn

Post by Chris Corbyn »

In my opinion, you get much better prices ordering from IBS.it and they will ship overseas very quickly. I live in Australia and the books usually arrive the same week order order them. IBS always send "spam" emails offering discounts on your next transaction, that are actually sort of useful if you buy regularly too.

Just my €0,02 ;)

They sell (a limited selection of) eBooks in ePub format too.